Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no shoes
Jun 3, 2007
degenerate
My girlfriend and I are getting married (well, civil-unionized or whatever it is that two ladies can do in Oregon) and while the planning is going fairly well, I'm a little insecure that we're behind schedule and somewhat clueless about how to get this all done. The date of the wedding is August 24th. We have a fair amount done and a lot to do.

Ceremony: We rented a rose garden in our town for under a hundred dollars, with 50 chairs included (40-50 is our target guest amount). We may need some other decorative items reserved, and we need to figure out music. We also only get the space for three hours, so we need to get it set up and taken down very quickly the day of the wedding. Our brothers and sisters (the bridal party) have said that they will be the setup/takedown committee, so that's good.

Reception: A little bed and breakfast. The space rental is $400, which includes the staff, the decorations setup, all that good stuff. Per-head price for food will probably be between 20-30, and who knows what the booze cost will be.

Dresses: We're trying to go casual. I love this dress: http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.co...Search=&inSeam=

Rings: Haven't gotten them yet. We have very different tastes. I love the tradional wedding band and lean toward what I guess are simpler, more masculine designs, while she likes gemstones and dimonds and fancy stuff.

Guestlist: We had some trouble figuring out what relatives to invite, but eventually figured that we could just invite them all and see what happened. The main problem is this: her parents might not come. They're all the way across the country, her mom has a medical condition as well as anxiety issues... it's tough. My girlfriend was initially not sure she wanted to do it at all if they couldn't make it, but we've decided that we're going go for it and hope real hard that maybe when they start to see our plans come together one or both of them will be able to make it.

We made the invitations ourselves with a kit we bought at the craft store. Very slick and we saved hundreds of dollars.

So far, the one extravegant thing that I want for this wedding is a limo to take us to the airport for our as of yet unscheduled honeymoon. I've never been in a limo. I bet it's awesome.

So, if anyone has any advise on getting worried parent travelers to make the trip, what sort of music to do in an outside venue, or anything else, we welcome it! More than anything I feel like planning a wedding is real hard, but most likely very worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU