Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic Superhero
Nov 9, 2000

You've gotta find first gear in your giant robot car.
Me and mine are in the process of planning (and paying ourselves) right now. It's been a long engagement, starting with the ring which cost only $300, as I got the diamond from her mom's ring, which was her grandmother's ring. So we already know it will be handed down to our daughter but it's not big by far but there's a lot of history.

She just got her dress ($600), and we just put down a deposit at a nice restaurant that has a separate, private building for events at about 40 dollars per head. We're looking at around 50 people, but the majority of the stress currently is coming from finding a decent photographer and DJ for not too much money.

The cost of photographers astounds me. I'm not paying for film, nor am I paying for film processing except for shots I choose, why am I paying 200 dollars an hour for them to take digital pictures? The kicker is most places we've seen charge between 150-300 dollars for us to get the pictures they take on a DVD so we can print them ourselves. It does not cost that much to burn a drat DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Superhero
Nov 9, 2000

Next week for me here, time really flies when you're looking forward to something.

Gratuity is becoming a major arguing point for us right now. Is it standard to tip the photographer/DJ? We expect to but I don't know how much is standard or how to give it to them. I don't really think I need to tip the photographer 18% of the total price we paid, cause that would be a lot of money.

Generic Superhero
Nov 9, 2000

Gravitee posted:

Comedy option but still very cute:
Kermit the Frog - Rainbow Connection (I think Sarah McLachlan does a version too.)

She does and it was my wife's and my first dance at our wedding in Oct. It's very nice, and is a perfect one-two-three for a waltz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4GBnpS83As