Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

daggerdragon posted:

I require that my wedding dress has pockets in it. WHY DO DRESSES NOT HAVE POCKETS? THEY'RE SO USEFUL!

My fiancé managed to find a wedding dress with pockets. I don't know the brand off hand. Would you like me to ask?

Regarding letting the bridesmaids pick out their own dresses, we did that and just said a nice, black cocktail dress. My sister was the only one that felt the need to go buy her's from a wedding shop. She was also the one who called and texted the most about not being sure if such and such dress was good or not. She had hideous orange and brown bridesmaids dresses for her wedding.

Edit: Some folks asked earlier about groomsmen gifts. I found these really cool Crystal Head vodka gift sets with skull shot glasses, that I'm giving mine (except for my brother who doesn't drink, I got him a kick rear end Green Lantern ring).

http://www.binnys.com/spirits/Crystal_Head_Gift_Set_27597.html

sleepingbuddha fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

daggerdragon posted:

Not for me, I'll be custom-making mine, but I bet other ladies might like pockets in their dresses. Would you ask for them?

She has an Alfred Angelo Private Collection, with pockets.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

My wedding is Saturday! Anyone have any last minute tips to help me avoid freaking out. Everything is going well, except for the facts that one of my groomsmen may not be able to make it (I think I may get one of my ushers to stand in for him if needed) and my sister and the bride appear to be feuding (sis is also a bridesmaid).

Off to meditate...

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

sleepingbuddha posted:

My wedding is Saturday! Anyone have any last minute tips to help me avoid freaking out. Everything is going well, except for the facts that one of my groomsmen may not be able to make it (I think I may get one of my ushers to stand in for him if needed) and my sister and the bride appear to be feuding (sis is also a bridesmaid).

Off to meditate...

The wedding went great! I was nervous as hell and had trouble saying my vows without crying, but all the ladies (especially mine) thought it was really sweet. My brother was my best man and his speech was essentially a comedy roast, and it was hilarious.

Most everyone had a blast with the exception of a few nasty relatives that were angry we weren't allowing children there (except for our nieces and nephews that were actually in the wedding party) who then decided to bitch about it on Facebook. Why did we even invite those assholes?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Stew Man Chew posted:

How did you communicate this? Was it just in your invitations / on a website? We're going to disallow kids as well we're just trying to do so tactfully.

It will be implicit because we aren't making ANY accommodations for them but I'd prefer to avoid the day-of nonsense.

We weren't as explicit as we should have been. I would recommend saying "Adults Only, Please" on the invitation. We thought simply putting each person's individual name on the RSVP (absent their children's names) would be sufficient. It clearly wasn't.

Edit: It was mentioned that it was adults only on the website, but that also wasn't clear enough, or it wasn't seen. I'm sure some will still bitch even if it's completely explicit.

sleepingbuddha fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 21, 2013