Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My part of wedding planning is the invitations- is there a goon approved website for custom designs and/ or a guide for creating them? I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew when volunteering for this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Zaftig posted:

My fiance made our invitations in Photoshop and we used Vistaprint for them. They came out great. I also ordered address labels from them, though I didn't buy the pre-printed cards (also an option if you want it). Cost way less than my budget, but that's partially because I waited until they had one of their many 20% off coupons. For thank yous, I just bought a pack of 80 on sale at Marshall's for like $5.

We're using The Knot for a website and RSVP and we just put a short url on the invite. It's been working well so far.

Are you able to upload your designs and then choose the paper? I was thinking I could design them (or, more likely, pay someone else to based on my design) and have them printed off. Vistaprint has some nice designs, but we were hoping for someone a bit more personal.

Edit: I should note, I was hoping for some pretty heavyweight paper

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Add us to the list of people who will be postponing. We were set for mid July. We're at the point where we are wondering if we ask for deposits back or just ask that we keep our bookings (hair, venue, make up, etc) for x date in the future

I hope we don't eat our wedding savings in an upcoming recession :(

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Rescheduling things for our wedding has actually gone quite easily... except for our DJ. The company responded by asking us to review their new COVID-19 policy, which states that deposits will be honoured for any future dates in 2021 except on Saturdays, which will require a new deposit.

Our wedding is on a Saturday.

To me this sounds like they are pushing people to book on days that are less commonly booked, knowing that they will book the Saturday and get to keep the deposit if not. Is this common in the industry? What are our options here?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

$250 CAD

Any opinion or theory you can offer on the “Saturday doesn’t count” policy?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Thanks for the effort post! We emailed the guy, maybe he'll be willing to work with us. If not, I'm content with dropping some negative reviews and considering it a $250 lesson. I feel that we're being reasonable here and someone pulling this on customers may not be someone we want.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Our DJ responded back to us via email and said that there would be no need of additional deposit money and they removed the link that went into detail about their COVID policy and replaced it with a blanket "All deposits will be honored!" statement lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just got off the phone with my father, who explained to me that many of my family members who were originally invited to my wedding that was cancelled last year are still expecting invitations to the 25 person backyard wedding we’re having next month, despite the fact that they will be unable to attend due to travel restrictions.

We spent time and money on invitations the first time. This time around we’re planning to send an email with a cute picture and an explanation that while this isn’t what we wanted, we’re still hoping that someday we can all come together to celebrate.

Is this polite, acceptable COVID etiquette?

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 21, 2021