Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

I'm just about to get married on March 15th, and although the wedding it still expensive, we got costs down quite a bit in a few key areas so I thought I'd mention how so other people could gain some knowledge from it.

First off, one of the first things we did was go around and see photographers and some were absolutely terrible and would charge an arm and a leg. We ended up finding a photography student with wedding experience for about 1/2 the price we would've paid for a professional photographer. Just make sure you check out their folio and their experience, just don't assume they will be great and cheap, but this is the case for any photographer.

We're having a very casual wedding and it helps. My fiance and I are having it at her parents place, who own a garden property, then we hired a marquee, tables and chairs from a local provider. With this + catering, it still turned out much cheaper than hiring a venue which supplies catering, if you have this option, investigate it.

In our case, having it at her parents place meant much less travel also, so no cars had to be hired as she was getting ready at the place of the ceremony, and I was a short drive away.

We're also dumping a few other traditions but mainly not for cost, such as the bridal waltz and the bridal table, so people can talk and mingle between themselves. Seating plans are also out the window so people can sit where they want also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU