Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

IanCaw posted:

That is likely the most pragmatic solution. Although at the moment I think it's more that she wants the question asked far more than receiving a ring (and I'm happy to oblige on that one!); I just don't know a better way to ask the question if we both know there won't be a ring present until later. Though all of this may change and your idea of shopping for a while then having a still-surprising question with a ring happen later will come to be.

There's a distinct difference between picking out the ring and her knowing when the question will be popped. Start picking out the ring with her now, pick it out, and save for it, and then propose later.

I was ready to propose for months before I actually did, I think my fiancee was expecting it, and I already had the ring picked out. I just took a little bit of extra time to save. The delay was worth it in the end, because I was able to plan the perfect proposal. I definitely understand that you and your gf want to move to the next phase as soon as possible, but be a little patient and it will pay off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
Congrats! Sounds like a nice ring. Does it have an independent appraisal with it? If not, I would get it appraised for insurance purposes. Do you have a date or plan for popping the question yet?