Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Hey all! So i'm getting married in a week and we are struggling with choosing music. We are considering the usual poppy string versions of classic songs and all that but we honestly don't know what to think about one of our top choices. We aren't the type of nerds to play a zelda medley or anything but we do love this song from Battlestar Galactica:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8zsE5zdlsQ

Would this be nuts for her to walk down the isle to? Just the first minute and thirty or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Hey all, the wedding went amazing and everyone said the music was lovely. I couldn't find a thread in BFC for this, so I might as well ask here. Are there any tips for combining finances?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

Thanks for the ideas! I've been very upfront with the fact I am terrible with money, and she makes about 1.5x what I do. We've been leaning towards the idea of putting aside x% of each of our incomes into a shared account, with my % being a bit higher as a means of saving vs. spending. As much as I'd like some financial independence, it's probably better to save for the future.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

twerking on the railroad posted:

Zola was fine. The real pro thing about getting invitations printed is getting the addresses printed so you can upload a spreadsheet instead of spending hours writing addresses onto envelopes. There's only so much advantage a brick and mortar store can offer there.

Having this spreadsheet of formatted-for-address-stickers is extremely handy down the line. We use our wedding list for holiday cards, thank you notes and other things all the drat time.