Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

What's the buzz? Tell me what's happenin'?
Is it tacky to just have the wedding party and the parents at the rehearsal dinner? My fiance's parents don't have a lot of money and I was just thinking we could do a quick dinner at a cheap restaurant and since there will be only 3-4 people in the wedding party, 2 sets of parents and the clergy/his wife, it would be better than having all 80 guests, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

Sorry to bump but need help. With regards to announcements/invitations: Is it tacky to send out announcements to people who aren't invited to the wedding? We want to keep it small - like 80 people but there a lot of people (friends of my parents, etc) that would like to know that I got married, etc. My sister says it's fine; my mother says it's just asking for gifts.

Also, anyone who's already gotten married: I want some personal touches at my reception including large vases with Christmas ornaments (with our names and dates) as centerpieces. Is this something the caterer or florist can do? I also want stuff like mistletoe above the entrance to reception and candycanes in the napkin holders on the table. My mom seems to think that this stuff can't be done and that I have to just take what the caterer and florist offer.

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

do what now posted:

Announcements of the engagement can go to anybody. If you put the date of the wedding, it becomes a save the date card, and those only go to wedding guests.

I think what my sister meant was a wedding announcement, not an engagement announcement (ex: We got married on December 5 blah blah blah)

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

I'm sure this has been asked in the pages previously but I'm trying to do Do-It-Yourself wedding programs but am wondering how to go about it. Honestly I don't care too much about the programs but all we've got is a little generic color printer. Any suggested online templates? Where could I get the paper...just a Kinko's or something? I'm just afraid I'll gently caress these up and then have to have a professional do it for a lot more.

I just want a slim program that opens up, gives the steps of the service and the names of the wedding party with a line of poetry on the very front.

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

GoreJess posted:

I just bought 65lb cardstock from Staples & printed them out at home. I can e-mail you what I came up with if you need ideas. I didn't do any cutting, just printed on both sides of the cardstock & then folded it in half.

Yeh if you don't mind, just PM me. THANK YOU!