Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babys1stCockring
Apr 4, 2006

Emilar posted:

My fiance (also a goon) and I just got engaged a couple of weeks ago and though our wedding is a ways off (March, 2010 tentatively), I've started to research how the heck we can pull this off.

Does anyone have any advice/experiences about very casual, outdoor weddings? We really don't want a fancy event, and want to keep our budget quite low at around $1000. I have a state park in mind for the ceremony and reception, but I still have to check it out in person to see if it will work. We want to have a casual picnic style lunch (I'll have to change this up if we end up having the ceremony in the late afternoon), maybe some beer and soda, and just enjoy the company of our friends and family and a nice day at the park. Not much more than that.

Any thoughts/recommendations on how this can be done nicely?

My fiancee and myself were thinking EXACTLY doing this next summer for our wedding.

The problem we're facing is trying to find a nice park with something resembling a decent shelter in case its crappy out. We've been finding out that you should try to book the event as soon as you can because sopts are filling up rather quickly. Try to get to one of the parks in mind on a weekend just to see how busy it gets during that time.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if there is rain in the forecast, I've been told there are some places that will let you rent a large canopy for cover. Not sure on price though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babys1stCockring
Apr 4, 2006

Emilar posted:

How far along are you in planning?

I've only been to nice, semi-formal or formal weddings, so I have no idea how other people go about doing casual weddings!

We're only two or so months in.

The only weddings we've been to were pretty much the same that you mentioned. We figured it would be a nice change for everyone.

Our idea of casual is sitting around with friends having some drinks and cooking out on a nice summer day so that's the path we're planning the wedding around.

Babys1stCockring
Apr 4, 2006

We ended up getting our wedding bands about a week ago :)

We didnt want anything fancy. The two bands combined cost less than the engagement ring. We both got white gold. Very happy with the decision. Just cant wear them until June :(

Babys1stCockring
Apr 4, 2006

So I got married yesterday!

Its just surreal sitting up at the alter with 100 people staring at you during the whole thing. Was a pretty short ceremony maybe an hour or so.

Had a blast at the reception and everything turned out perfectly! Couldnt ask for a better day :)

id post some pics but cant find the usb cord for my camera :(