Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NovaCat
Apr 25, 2006
Engagement ring question: my white gold ring has been on my finger for about 11 months now, and its starting to show. I know I need to get it redipped and cleaned and all, but does anyone know how much this is going to set me back? Is this a thing I can go anywhere for? My ring is from Blue Nile, so I can't take it back to the place he purchased it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaCat
Apr 25, 2006

inaniloquent posted:

My question to you guys: should our invitations be the traditional fancy ones even though they don't reflect the tone of the affair? I don't want to go too casual with this stuff, because then people will assume I don't give a crap about it.

There are a ton of invitations you can buy or make that are still very much "wedding," but give a more casual/fun vibe than the traditional black script on ivory cardstock, without going down to the level of Wal-Mart fill in the blank. Check out a few sites online, or Target and Michael's/AC Moore type places have do-it-yourself kits that might be up your alley.

I really think your invitations should match the tone of your party, because it's the first way people start to figure out what you're going for.

NovaCat
Apr 25, 2006

WolfensteinBag posted:

Any suggestions on how to handle the situation? I just don't know what to do. :(

Not that I quote Sex and the City often, but Miranda to Charlotte: "You get a day. A wedding day. Not a week."

I understand being sisters, she doesn't want it to be super close (and I'm sure your parents would agree. Might be stressful on them.) She does not, however, own the entire year on either side of her wedding. If I were you I'd aim for mid-spring 2010. Seems far away now, but it'll fly! Congrats.