Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janye
May 1, 2006

by Ozma
I was planning on eloping but we said shag it and went to the justice of the peace here to do it. The cost was VERY cheap and I don't regret it.

Engagement ring + band (it was a set) = ? He wouldn't tell me then, I still don't know now.

His band: $100, plain gold, will get a better one in a few months. (I just graduated university, bought a bigger house, new job, etc.)

Marriage license: $50

Old dude that married us: $50

Dress: An actual wedding dress with an original tag of $600, last day of a "going out of business" sale, $50

Suit: He had on dress pants and a shirt he owned.

Pictures: Friend digitally took them, $5.96 to print at wal mart.

Booze/ hotel room: $200, I got mega trashed and then called my mom to tell her, hahaha.

Total: $455.96, not including my wedding set, but I have no idea what that cost and by the sounds of it, I never will. The engagement is one big diamond on top and a bunch of twists and little diamonds all around it. The band is all twisty and little diamonds all in it. The only thing he would verify is that the diamonds are indeed real and its white gold, not sterling silver.

The reason I wanted it this way was because my sister spend about 30,000 on her wedding and is still in serious debt from it 3 years later. (She also built a new house, had a baby, new baby on the way, husband has previous kids -= child support, etc.) and I wanted my dream house when I graduated university, which I got.

If anyone wants and advice about quickie Canadian weddings, just ask. Anything I can do to help. :)

This thread is full of love. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU