Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Braincloud posted:

Couple random pics from small adventures in the past week:

Stampede Pass, Snoqualmie Pass, Washington

Storm rolling in

Just outside of Mazama (actually, perched high above Mazama), N. Cascades

Sweetgrass Butte, N. Cascades

In other news, I finally pulled the trigger on a winch. With the amount of solo trips I take, having that extra bit of security against getting stuck will be a nice change.

That's amazing stuff, dude! I wish forests in Colorado were are lush as the Pac Northwest. There's a radio tower on top of the mountain grew up on, it's usually the first place I drive up to when I visit home. So, here's to radio tower Jeep trips! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

commissargribb posted:

Seriously if you can, skip the canned bed liner and get the roll on stuff.

So very true. I only use cans for touch-ups, the roll-on stuff is more durable, and covers WAAAAY more square footage so it's much more cost effective. Plus, you'll avoid the hazard of asphyxiating yourself while coating the inside of you tub.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
My left turn signal was flashing annoyingly slow, so I recently replaced the flasher unit under the steering wheel. Now it doesn't flash at all. Both front turn signals flash just fine, as well as the rear right. I noticed there are two sockets for flashers side-by-side under the dash, do I need two of them?

I can't imagine that's the problem since it used to work with just one...

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

mod sassinator posted:

Yeah I did the brakes in my XJ a few weeks ago and the manual said to remove the master cylinder cap before compressing. I had to keep a close eye on the fluid level because it went up quite a bit while compressing.

Turkey basters are good for changing pads! :science:

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

That is fantastic. I wonder what a JK would look like with a sport cage...

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

VH4Ever posted:

Does Boomerjinks still post in this thread sometimes?

Lurking for the sake of wacky Kastein/Sandbagger hijinks and to see commie_gir do his "bolt whisperer" thing.

Those would be Ari, Alan, and Patrick's Jeeps. Patrick is the guy who built a JP jeep out of a powerwheels, then rode around in it dressed as Muldoon, chasing his girlf- the video explains it better.

There are currently like 12 JP Jeeps in southern California. It's bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I've found it's kind of the bottom of the totem pole for movie cars, or like the "entry level tier."

The Jeep itself costs $4-$7k, if you buy the right Jeep the only paint you have to add on is the red stripes (base color is the regular sand beige poly of the 1992 Sahara), and the rest of the parts are simple bolt-on. Jurassic Park is hugely popular, but there's a reason there are maybe 100+ Jeeps out there with JP stickers on them and zero accurate Explorers: difficulty.

Compared to building a DeLorean or KITT or loving 1966 Batmobile, a JP Jeep takes chump change. I was the first (known) person to build one, so I got a lot of stuff wrong but also figured a bunch of things out with my friends, now there is an entire forum with the list of lightbars, lights, winches, paint codes, etc with part numbers and links on where to get them. A friend and I created a set of vectors for the graphics and numbers, which at least half a dozen people on ebay use to sell JP Jeep "decal kits," so now having your own Jeep is almost a matter of clicking "buy it now."

This photo shows the meet of SoCal jeep guys, and it gives you a good idea of how inconsistent the builds are. Now that my club in Denver has four Jeeps, I'm leaving mine at home for meets/cruises/cons more and more and starting to think about Wayne's World Pacers...

But yeah, the COD/zombie rescue black-and-neon-green plague of brojeeps is just as bad

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 15, 2014