Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS

Meep Meep!!!
My first car was a 52 Willys M38. I've still got it, I just live 5000 miles from my parents house where it is stored. I did a total restoration between 1999-2002. These are the only pics I have of it online right now, taken somewhere in mid-restoration. The M38 was basically a military version of the CJ3A. It has lots of funky changes like dual battery boxes, lifting rings, uprated springs and axles and a host of other little stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS
Last week I was at home visiting my folks and Internetracecar in CT. I decided to take a look at my old friend who has been sitting in the barn since 2002.

Oh hi

Hmm, lets tow you out with my 2003 Forester which already has a failing clutch, $1400 and 7 hours later I had it back from the dealership with a new clutch.:downsbravo:

Well you're not looking too bad

Hmm, you seem to have split your water jacket while sitting for a decade, ughhh.

Needs a bit of tidying up

At least the crap on you is just dirt and not rust

So yeah I parked my M38 in dads barn when I went off to college a decade ago, and finally got around to taking a look at it. Hopefully soon when I get a new house I'll drag it down here to FL and finish it properly.

N183CS
Feb 21, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS

commissargribb posted:

That M38 is going to be spoiled in Florida.

Remind me are you going to mark it up when it's finished with unit information?

I thought about finding a USCG shore patrol unit from the early 50's and marking it up that way.