Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
So where does everyone go offroading? I'm in the middle of CA, and i'm constantly hearing talk of tons of Fire roads and offroad trials, but I can't seem to find any.

Is there anything special I should look for? I'd assume theres not going to be big signs saying "TURN HERE FOR OFFROAD GOODNESS" but the only time I've taken my Jeep(2006 Wrangler Sport) offroad was at a State Vehicular Recreation area, which only had a tiny tiny area for 4WD vehicles. Mostly for Dirtbikes, they get trails snaking up into the hills and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
Okay, i'm looking for a bikini top for my 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport for the winter. All I really care about is keeping the rain out, I don't mind the cold(Drove it all last winter with a broken soft top, 45 minutes each way to work. Was generally around 35 or so, not too cold but I tell ya at 70 MPH it's cold). The soft top I have on there right now is just about impossible to get on with one person. I did it once, tieing a 2x4 to the soft top frame with some very strong string and then sitting on said 2x4 to actually bring it down enough so I could get the flaps into the channels to avoid it flapping around back there. Took me an hour and a smashed finger to get that drat thing on. I don't know why it's so hard to get on, if it's honestly like that from the factory, or they game me one from a different model after the old one broke(They warrantied it, because I bought it(The Jeep) used and a little piece of plastic broke two weeks after I got it.

I'm going off on a tangent, sorry. Anywho, my problem is, all the ads say you either need the factory soft top frame in order to get just the fabric replacement, or you can buy the whole shebang. But I look at the pictures and in the rear windows, i've got a bar going across there, for support I assume. None of the pictures i've seen have that. Has anyone ever installed one of these before, and knows where that bar goes? Or am I just being a massive idiot?

And hell, since i'm here, the front passenger seat is a lot more springy then the drivers side. If you grabbed it from behind and pulled, theres much less resistance in the seat back. Is this normal? It was like that when I bought, and it's not a big thing, just something i'm curious about.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
Moved it over that way <---

Chairon fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 18, 2008