Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007
Hello Jeep Thread! I'm thinking about picking up a Jeep. I moved to New Orleans, and my poor Volvo S60R glares at me every morning for making me drive him through the cavernous potholes and lovely roads that we have down here.

Combined that I need a beater car to haul crap with, and drive over everything without completely loving up my suspension, I've decided I need a Jeep. Or a truck. Or a Jeep Truck.

I know my way around cars / welding / anything mechanical, and I would like something to be able to haul around a couple hundred pounds of glass, tools, and perhaps camping poo poo. I'm probably looking at a truck, but a smaller-ish thing like a Wrangler is appealing too. Problem is, I know near-nothing about Jeeps, my forte is classic cars and my beautiful Volvo, and I hardly pay attention to the newer car market.

I know recommendation threads are punishable by a period of time in the AI Iron Maiden, but can anyone start me off somewhere? I guess I'd be looking at craigslist or ebay (shudder) and would possibly bring my mechanic buddy along to look at rust and poo poo. Also, looking to spend less than 5k? I've been reading through the thread, it seems like I could get a nice beater Jeep for 1500 or something. I don't really know though. Thank you AI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU