Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I got my 100 ft synthetic winchline installed from masterpull.com for $187 on their ebay store, and aluminum fairlead from okoffroad. I'll have to grind down the opening on my bumper some on the bottom since it makes contact on the line.

I've not heard of the injector switch. Does it really make a noticeable difference? I see kits for an 04 4.0 which SHOULD be te same as an 06, if I wanted to try it out, right.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I priced a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon at 38500.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Why can there not be no goddamn defenders here in the US. ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHH.The pick ups make me so autoerect.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

mod sassinator posted:

I wouldn't buy brand new--but a couple years old after the depreciation hit a Rubicon seems like a nice deal vs. a normal Wrangler. Lockers and gearing alone would be at least $3-4k to add to a base model later.

That's what I did with my LJ. Found mine at an Audi dealer. Low miles, loaded, the salesman had no idea about ANY of the features, they just wanted it gone. I was taken on a curvy road to show how well it "handled", opened the hood, he sort of pointed and said "....theres yer...motor....airbox..it's really clean".

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

commissargribb posted:

That's pretty awesome.

I see a couple guys at my guard unit have them. Did you pick it primarily for the extra space, the wider wheel base or just because it's cool and different (equally good reason in my opinion)?

I just went to look at it. Drove it, it drove/rode awesome,was loaded, and they kept knocking ~$1000 off every time I got fidgety and wanted to walk out the door. It was the biggest thing on the lot. I don't know why they were so anxious to move it, besides being an audi dealer?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
even if it was a mechanical turd it'd be a good starting point. auto COULD seem anemic because of large tires depending on gearing.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Got pics sent to me from the shop doing my cage in my LJ. I became immediately erect. The sound bar will be modified to go where the overhead hoop is. There will also be a harness bar behind the seats, there are sliders to the frame and the cage is through the dash, through the floor to the sliders.

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 17, 2011

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

InitialDave posted:

What's with the frowny-face?

Happy face was too expensive.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
ThinkFear It's 5 bolts in the back, 2 latches up front. The top can be carried through a door.

commissargribb I believe it's because of the windshield sweep, and maintaining the oem lines and triangulation. I'll have some finished pics up later.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Diamond plate installed to cover up lovely looking rocker area. It was a bitch since this area was wavy as hell from body flex before I got the body stiffened up from bed rails installed in the rear to make up for the removal of the rear section of the oem roll bars.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Slow is Fast posted:

Those pictures are really not helping me in my decision for a new vehicle.

I was going to get a comfy BMW... But after driving my sisters wrangler with no top and doors through an awesome state park, I've poked around on autotrader for LJ Rubicons. gently caress me.

I've got a year or so of payments on my LJ and then Imma lease a BMW.

DO THAT. Or buy the BMW LATER.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
wouldn't something like an impact wrench or air tool, empty a co2 tank in a hurry? I ask because air tool usage is the ONLY reason I've NOT gone that route.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I've been researching and a 20# powertank will do 720 lug nuts with a 1/2" impact wrench on one tank. Or twenty 35 inch tires from 10 psi to 40 psi. That sounds impressive.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
new rear bumper and tire carrier. Still have finishing touches to do.
(it swings down and makes a table)

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Hey look. I'm not dead.

I installed the GenRight LED plate frame so the popo will gently caress off.

Today I painted where the hinges used to be and painted the inside of the drivers side tail light that would normally shine down on the plate.

I have the engine skid to connect to my tummy tuck skid (both undercover fab).

Next month is RCV shafts and their sexy seals, and if there is still any money left crossover steering will finally go in, or that will be the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
look up

Blue Crush Wrangler

Wrangler Pork Chop

This proves Chrysler is loving with us.