Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch
Ahh, I miss my old 85 and 99 XJs - I sold my last XJ to buy a Mazda 3... Curse you gas-mileage-temptations! Curse you and your fuel economy ways! :argh:

No matter, I'm going to go shopping for a JK once Uncle Sam sends me my refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch

XenoWolf posted:

Ahh, I miss my old 85 and 99 XJs - I sold my last XJ to buy a Mazda 3... Curse you gas-mileage-temptations! Curse you and your fuel economy ways! :argh:

No matter, I'm going to go shopping for a JK once Uncle Sam sends me my refund.

Woot! Thank you IRS for my monies - I'm heading out Friday to go shopping.

I'm looking at a 4DR Wrangler X with these options:

23S - 6 Speed S Pkg.
PGJ - Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat
AJP - Power Convenience Group
AEM - Dual Top Group
DSH - Tru-Lok(R) Electronic Locking Rear Differential
SHG - Electronic Front Sway Bar Disconnect
DME - 3.73 Axle Ratio

Any of these a bad idea, or not worth getting? Anything I should look at instead?

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch

ZippySLC posted:

I was under the impression that the diff lock and swaybar disconnect was no longer available on '08 X's. Are you looking at used '07's?

No, this is using the configurator on jeep.com... If that's indeed the case, I'll probably opt for the LSD instead, though that's a much less desirable option for me.

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch
Oh hey guys!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch

ZippySLC posted:

After 8 hours of ripping the dash out, yes. :)

My blend doors broke 3x and somehow magically fixed themselves each time. My blower module melted so bad that I couldn't get the molex connector out.

My WJ was the worst Jeep I've ever owned. :(

I remember all those WJ issues when they first started - I used to work at a dealership in the parts dept. This is exactly why I went ahead with the lifetime bumper-to-bumper when I bought the JK - you never know what failure prone part got sourced by Chrysler... :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XenoWolf
Apr 26, 2003
Mr. Sotch

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Uh. The Iron Duke was a 4cyl, and was never available in the Cherokee.

This man speaks the truth. While a 4 cyl. was available in XJs starting from inception in MY 1984, it was the AMC I4, not the GM Iron Duke. Both the AMC and the GM engines were I4 2.5L engines (thus the frequent confusion), but AMC and later Chrysler never used the Iron Duke in an XJ. If I recall correctly, the last Jeeps with an Iron Duke were from the 1983 model year.

The 2.8L V6 in the OP's XJ was the GM LR2 engine, fabled for its aptitude at leaking oil from the rear main seal (mating the 2.8 to the T5/AX5 manual or the Chrysler A904 was teh hard)

Edit to say I am a giant Jeep nerd.

XenoWolf fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 20, 2008