Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
My YJ has a haunted fuel system. The rail pressure is way up over 60-80 instead of around 30 as it should be. Replacing the return line with a temporary hose brought the pressure down to normal. People say the return line outlet in the tank often gets plugged, so it seemed the fix would be straightforward.

I dropped the fuel tank today. Blowing back toward the engine on the return line maaay have dislodged a blockage, but I think it was just the pressure of blowing gas uphill. It's certainly free now. Blowing through the return line on the pump assembly was fine. The fuel tank isn't spotless, but I don't see how the return line is getting obstructed in the special white tray at the bottom of the tank. I didn't test before removing the assembly, but I put it back into place and was able to blow through the return line freely. Most of the dirt is certainly from today's operation:

One of the vent connections can't reach the tank without the tank being raised back into place. I went ahead and fired it up with everything else connected, but I get 0 PSI.

Should I flush out the fuel tank and hope for the best? I'm at a loss for what else to check.

ManicJason fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

I ruled out the regulator since the initial symptom went away when I replaced the fuel return with a hose going into a bucket.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

I cleaned out my retarded YJ fuel tank. I'm going to put it all back together without shortening the return line as some people do. Someone quote me on this when I have to take the fuel tank out again to shorten the line in a month!

It was pretty painful getting the tank down, but I don't think it will be bad next time now that I know where all the lines and cables connect.