Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

Where you're going, there are no jokes.

Aran posted:

Maybe it's just me, but a 15-20lb jack on an light piece of sheet metal just doesn't seem very safe for that piece of metal.
The hood is tougher than you might think.
Mine flew up going 55mph the other day and wasn't really damaged badly enough for me to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

Well, that and Jeeps should be very simple.
Neat stuff is neat, but neat stuff often breaks.

Simple, boring, overbuilt stuff lasts forever and rarely breaks when you need it.

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

Disciple of Pain posted:

Oh ok, makes sense. Yeah I was about to post that I would not pull a 3000lb car on the trailer with a Wrangler, and most likely not with a Cherokee - unless it was a well equipped one that was well maintained and was pretty new. Even then, for multiple 100+ mile trips towing a car on a trailer you probably want something better, like a full size pickup (hell i wouldn't want to do that all the time in my truck, and it works just fine... But it is working it can handle it, but a full size domestic pickup with a diesel/big gas V8 would be a lot nicer.
A Wrangler will tow a 3,000 pound car, I pulled my Nissan about 20 miles behind the 2.5l 5spd that I now own.
I would not recommend anyone ever doing it though, it was mega squirrely and could not get out of it's own way.
I'd absolutely tow a a few jetskis, or motorcycles, or a utility trailer with a bunch of crap on it though.

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

The correct answer to the question is "Yes, Jeeps can drive underwater."
I must say though, if my dad had a Hummer when I was little, it would basically be the coolest thing ever.
My dad had a rubber mats and vinyl seats S10 Blazer 4x4 when i was little, and after spending a day dragging hurricane felled trees off of our land with it after Hugo, I was convinced that my dad was a badass and his truck could drive up a building.
I can only imagine how cool a Hummer must look to a little kid.

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

Aran posted:

To be a MAN! RAWR!
I wouldn't want one because it would piss me off a lot when it broke 10 years down the road and a new one was impossible to find because everyone else's had broken as well.

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

Yeah, and just budget 10 or so minutes onto your trip to work to let it get good and warm inside.
I used to think it sucked having a soft top in the cold, then I just realized that if I let it idle for a bit in the driveway while I smoked a cigarette, it gets nice and warm inside and is about as comfortable as anything else.

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

4cyls are slow, but not that bad.
They put out 123hp and the 4.0 puts out 180hp.
The 4.0 isn't any more bulletproof than the 2.5 seeing as how they are pretty remarkably similar in design.

I'm just going to keep mine until I kill it and put a v8 of some sort in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octavio Barnaby Sr.
Feb 23, 2004

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Well, yeah, they fit so long as you don't go off even pavement.
This is not necessarily the case. In the front, yes.
The rear does not have enough uptravel to stuff 33s with the flares removed.
My Yj has no lift whatsoever and I run 33s, flatfendered front and removed flares rear.
It wheels suprisingly well, the lack of travel on stock sus sucks, but with 33s on cop car steelies, the stance is so wide and it sits so low, it's nearly square in profile.
I'm pretty sure you could not flop it if you wanted to.