Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gravypig
Dec 31, 2004

Hooker Pig says "Gravy please."

Pacific Rim Job posted:

Since a bunch of people have asked me how hard it is to disconnect the front swaybar, I'll mention it's an electronic disconnect. It's hard to tell what you meant with the question.

Viking Blood posted:

That was what I was getting at. Our Sierra gets a good workout from time to time and occasionally I would have liked to have that feature. Maybe when you have the time you could take some shots of how the system works?

Am I reading this right? Electronic Sway Bar Link disconnects? I don't think I've heard of such a thing. I would be interested to see how thats supposed to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gravypig
Dec 31, 2004

Here are a few pics from my brothers last wheeling trip. He went to Crozet in Virginia with some of the guys in the club. His is the blue Toyota.

Heres a short video of my brother laying the Yota on it's side.
http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3096217510084447596QdMNra

gravypig
Dec 31, 2004

ZippySLC posted:

Not to nitpick, but you know this is a Jeep thread, right?

Whoops! I can get a bit scatterbrained. Maybe this will make up for it?

Brothers bone stock XJ at Uwharrie on Goodyear Wrangler HP tires. I want to say this is before you get to Kodak Rock.

Crackers Neck

Possibly Crackers Neck also

Every time it came back from the trail he cleaned it like this. He got tired of worrying about messing up the XJ so he sold it and built the Yota.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pix, but here is some urban wheeling.

This is a 1966 CJ5 4 cyl we bought for parts. I've got a '68, and he has a 1950s(no vin, so we aren't sure the exact year) M38-A1 he is building.

Ah.... poor little fella got his grill knocked out.

The Hurricane F-head

The mice chewed the heck out of this radiator hose. It only had some small areas around the hose clamp that still had the outer layer of rubber.

I also particularly like the helper coils that are only on the drivers side.