Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands
I say, which way to the soccer field?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

Pacific Rim Job posted:

We got a JK (08 Unlimited Rubicon 6spd) last week, took it out this weekend for some tame fun. With no one to pull us out if we got stuck, we didn't do anything that was likely to get us stuck. New front bumper with winch is on the way.

This was before we adorned the brand new paint with pinstripes when the trail narrowed. :D The flares are also scratched to poo poo, and that's how we like it.

If you like scratches, you'll love the interior plastic.:v:

Did you disengage the front swaybar?

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

Pacific Rim Job posted:

Since a bunch of people have asked me how hard it is to disconnect the front swaybar, I'll mention it's an electronic disconnect. It's hard to tell what you meant with the question.

That was what I was getting at. Our Sierra gets a good workout from time to time and occasionally I would have liked to have that feature. Maybe when you have the time you could take some shots of how the system works?

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

GIJoe posted:

Not exactly. You can now get optional 3.73 gears (standard with towing package), no 4:1 t-case option, and a rear locker only. Sway bar disconnect is now available, as well as a Rear limited slip differential.

My 2007 Sahara has 4.10 gears and LSD which were standard in the tow package. I bet they lengthened the ratio to 3.73 because of the crappy gas milage.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

leica posted:

Does anyone know of a decent rear spare tire carrier for Cherokees that doesn't cost a gazillion dollars?

HOMEMADE! Do it and post the results.

Oh, and I took the carpet out of my JK yesterday so now it feels more like my CJ7 from way back. Only this time it wasn't because it was filled with mud....I spilled Chinese food :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

ManicJason posted:

I may be alone in this, but I absolutely hate Besttop. My first replace-a-top lasted a little over a year before the zippers started tearing off, one of the snaps broke off, and holes started appearing. I got another one after not being able to find any suitable replacement and hearing again how great their reputation is. Another one of my zippers started tearing off within six months. :(

I still know of no one better but hate the thought of giving them any money ever again.

Do you use LOOB??

Seriously, I know Besttop recommends lubing the zippers with graphite or other dry libricant such as chalk. It makes a huge difference on the amount of force required to zip-up.