Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong
I considered making a separate post for this, but it'd probably be better here.

Here's the short version: I need a ton of help compiling this for a research group I'm involved with. I'm prepared to pay for help, as I have no idea what I'm doing, and very little time to do it in.

Long version: I started working for a research group doing bioinformatics stuff. The work is cool, but since I'm a CS major, I've gotten pigeonholed into maintaining the above project on top of all my other responsibilities. I said I could play around with it, but I really wanted to work on other stuff. Unfortunately, the machine which had a compiled version died and we are in urgent need of getting the code up and running on other machines. It's midterm week(s), and I'm swamped to hell. The only build instructions left "just use KDevelop 2.3" despite it being built on top of autotools. So, in short, I need this, and I need it fast. I don't need an elegant fix -- although one would be nice -- just something that works.

I have never worked with C++ or autotools, and I'm getting super frustrated. I have no idea how easy/difficult this is, but when I have more time, I want to make it much easier to compile (like, ./configure && make && make install easy). If it's a larger problem than I currently think, I'm more than willing to pay a bit, considering the urgency of this.

Please help :(.

defmacro fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong

JoeNotCharles posted:

It's almost that simple already. Install automake and autoconf, then:

code:
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install
Makefile.dist is a KDE-ism which you probably wouldn't have known to look for. Really, would it have been that hard for them to put the two lines about in the INSTALL or README files?

Oh wow, that certainly helped out quite a bit. I'm getting some errors, but they seemed to be related to the libraries. Considering how old things are, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. Thanks again, I'm almost on my way!

EDIT: I know this is a long shot, as it's some random library, but I figure it's worth a shot. Here's the error I get:
code:
plotview.o: In function `Min_circle_2<Point*>':
/usr/include/CGAL/Min_circle_2.h:326: undefined reference to `CGAL::default_random'
plotview.o: In function `void CGAL::circumcenter_translateC2<float>(float const&, float const&, float const&, float const&, float&, float&)':
/usr/include/CGAL/constructions/kernel_ftC2.h:60: undefined reference to `CGAL::assertion_fail(char const*, char const*, int, char const*)'
plotview.o: In function `CGAL::Min_circle_2<CGAL::Min_circle_2_traits_2<CGAL::Cartesian<float> > >::compute_circle()':
/usr/include/CGAL/Min_circle_2.h:263: undefined reference to `CGAL::assertion_fail(char const*, char const*, int, char const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [wcurve] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ynadji/wcurve/wcurve'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ynadji/wcurve/wcurve'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ynadji/wcurve'
make: *** [all] Error 2
All the errors seem to be within CGAL, so I haven't the slightest clue what's going on. Any ideas?

defmacro fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 6, 2008

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong

more falafel please posted:

It looks like either the headers are out of date with the libraries you're linking in (unlikely), or you're not linking in the library correctly.

Yeah, I'm just a retard. Oh well, I got it working at the very least. Thanks guys.

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong
Not sure where else to put this, I suppose I could make a new thread but I'll try here first.

I want to have two "sets" of iptables rules for a Linux kernel. One that can be modified by the administrator of the machine (like it currently is) and one that can only be modified by the kernel. I figured it wouldn't be too much of a pain to simply include the client code for iptables (so I don't have to recode all the parsing work) into the kernel, and duplicate all the target internal netfilter data structures to only work with the kernel version of iptables.

I doubt there's an easy way to handle the conflicting includes (without knowing a lot about the structure of the kernel). Is anyone familiar enough with netfilter to provide an alternative approach? I considered writing everything from scratch, but was hoping to save time reusing code.

EDIT: I guess to clarify: I want a kernel-space interface to the iptables rules in the kernel. This interface should create rules that can ONLY be removed by the kernel-space interface.

defmacro fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 29, 2010