Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Mister Biff posted:

Really stupid question about Visual Studio 2008:

I don't normally write Visual C stuff, but I found a tool that I absolutely must have, and it was only available as source code. After a lot of rigamarole, I've managed to get a compiled .exe, but the file won't run on any other system!

The error is always the same: The system cannot execute the specified program.

I've tried installing the Visual C Runtime Libraries (for both 2005 & 2008) on my test machine, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I know I'm probably being stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to make this thing work.

P.S. -- I only have the following includes, which I don't think are anything out of the ordinary:
code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <lm.h>
#include <lmdfs.h>
I've also got NetAPI32.lib linked as a resource file, so that might be it, but I'm still baffled. Any thoughts? :confused:

Edit: Er, this may be more appropriate for the C/C++ thread... if so, just tell me.

I don't really know Visual C++, but can you tell it to statically rather than dynamically link itself to its dependencies? Maybe windows isn't wired that way, so I might be off track, but look into it.

That was the thing I always liked about delphi. It usually (and optionally) statically linked itself to the VCL libs (or at least earlier versions did), so you just had to distribute a big fat binary, rather than a whole messy link of dlls and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

FigBug posted:

I don't think you can add a single button, you'll need to make a toolbar with only one button.

Tutorial here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/shell/dotnetbandobjects.aspx

Turns out that's a wrapper to an MFC object, but at least now I know what the MFC object is (and can do this in C++)!

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
What about something like Dominoes and we each have to create a client that has to beat the rest.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

MEAT TREAT posted:

What about something like Dominoes and we each have to create a client that has to beat the rest.

Wrong thread :ssh:

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Does anyone know of a good perl module that can convert images, or more specifically, de-animate .gif files? Image::Magick works quite nice, but its pretty overboard for just doing what I'd like to do. But if I can't find anything else, I'll just end up using that.

Edit: Nevermind, Imager was already installed and works quite nice :haw:

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 13, 2008

odi3
Dec 17, 2003
C Question:

I am trying to send and receive a string of data using blocking sockets and send and recv functions..

buffer is 512 bytes and contains 9 doubles
when I trace, the send function shows the first double as 44.234
but after i receive it, the buffer 44. (it chops off the decimal.

Anyone know what causes this? do i have to format the doubles in some fashion before sending them? If there are any sections of code u need let me know.

code:
void mySend(struct Car myCar){
	sprintf (buffer, "%lf%lf%lf%lf%lf%lf%lf%lf%lf", myCar.positionX, myCar.positionY, myCar.positionZ, 
													myCar.velocityX, myCar.velocityY, myCar.velocityZ, 
													myCar.orientationX, myCar.orientationY, myCar.orientationZ);

send (s, buffer, sizeof(buffer), 0);
}

void myReceive(int playerID, SOCKET s, char buffer[BUFSIZ])
{
			int error = recv (s, buffer, sizeof(buffer),0); // tcp

sscanf(buffer, "%le%le%le%le%le%le%le%le%le", &cars[playerID].positionX, &cars[playerID].positionY, &cars[playerID].positionZ, 
												&cars[playerID].velocityX, &cars[playerID].velocityY, &cars[playerID].velocityZ, 
												&cars[playerID].orientationX, &cars[playerID].orientationY, &cars[playerID].orientationZ);
}

//In main client
send (s, buffer, sizeof(buffer), 0);

//In main for Server
int error = recv (s, buffer, sizeof(buffer),0)
Thanks!

odi3 fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 13, 2008

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

You should probably have something to delimit the fields of the struct. You're munging all the numbers together.

odi3
Dec 17, 2003
How would i do that?
when i debug and print the code before i send and receive, its correct. I assumed that sscan and sprintf were working properly?

odi3 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 13, 2008

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Well, let's say you have a struct with two doubles: x and y. Using your method, here's what happens:
code:
point foo;
foo.x = 1.234;
foo.y = 5.678;
sprintf(buffer,"%le%le",foo.x,foo.y); // buffer is now "1.234005.67800"

point bar;
sscanf(buffer,"%le%le",&bar.x,&bar.y); // this won't work right because sscanf won't know where x ends and y begins!
Solution:
code:
sprintf(buffer,"%le %le",foo.x,foo.y);

JoeNotCharles
Mar 3, 2005

Yet beyond each tree there are only more trees.

odi3 posted:

How would i do that?
when i debug and print the code before i send and receive, its correct. I assumed that sscan and sprintf were working properly?

Withouth delimiters, how is scanf supposed to know the difference between "44.234" followed by "55.1", and "44.2345" followed by "5.1"?

odi3
Dec 17, 2003
i read that sscanf ignores spaces. I am pretty new to all this so i probably misunderstood/misread my book.

Thanks for the help! ill try it out

Edit: so i attempted to send 9 doubles
etc

the buffer before the send command showed 9, but only 1.1 came out on the rec side.

odi3 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 13, 2008

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!
Not sure if this is worthy of it's own thread so I thought I would just post it here. I just switched my hosting to NearlyFreeSpeech.NET and they don't support any fancy web frameworks like Django or Rails. No big deal, there's always PHP, except I hate PHP. They do however support CGI Python. I like Python, but I don't know much about CGI.

In other words, could I create my own blog or small application using Python CGI? Would this be viable or a waste of time? Should I just suck it up and go with PHP? (Blarg!)

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Gary the Llama posted:

Not sure if this is worthy of it's own thread so I thought I would just post it here. I just switched my hosting to NearlyFreeSpeech.NET and they don't support any fancy web frameworks like Django or Rails. No big deal, there's always PHP, except I hate PHP. They do however support CGI Python. I like Python, but I don't know much about CGI.

In other words, could I create my own blog or small application using Python CGI? Would this be viable or a waste of time? Should I just suck it up and go with PHP? (Blarg!)

All CGI means is that the webserver runs your script, with some environment variables set (like QUERY_STRING), and sets your stdout to the socket for the HTTP connection. In its simplest form, a python CGI script would look like this:
code:
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"
print "<html><head><title>hello</title></head><body>hello, world!</body></html>"
I haven't used it before, but I'm sure python has a CGI module that makes this stuff much easier, ala perl's CGI.pm.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Ada question:

code:
with Ada.Real_Time;
Poll_Time  : Ada.Real_Time.Time;
Period     : constant Ada.Real_Time.Time_Span := 
                          Ada.Real_Time.Milliseconds(10);
-- Not sure why this won't compile
Poll_Time := Ada.Real_Time.Clock;
delay until Poll_Time + Period;
This won't compile, because it claims that there is no specification for the "+" operator. Looking through the Ada.Real_Time package, the "+" definitely is overloaded for both Time types on the left and Time_Span types on the right, and vice versa.

I've withed Ada.Real_Time, it knows the types, but it's ignoring the overloading for some reason. I've just started learning Ada for this project at work, so if I'm missing something completely obvious, then I wouldn't be surprised.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Alright, really dumb and most likely easy HTML question, but I don't know much of any html and our web guy doesn't know how to do this off the top of his head:

I need an easy web submission form for service requests, and we have everything flushed out except I want some of the text boxes to contain that grey, italic text that goes away when cursor focus is brought to the box or something is typed in to it. I have no idea what this element property is called though, and googling a general description of it turns up a mess of garbage. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some quick example code to give to my web guy?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Bender posted:

Ada question:

code:
with Ada.Real_Time;
Poll_Time  : Ada.Real_Time.Time;
Period     : constant Ada.Real_Time.Time_Span := 
                          Ada.Real_Time.Milliseconds(10);
-- Not sure why this won't compile
Poll_Time := Ada.Real_Time.Clock;
delay until Poll_Time + Period;
This won't compile, because it claims that there is no specification for the "+" operator. Looking through the Ada.Real_Time package, the "+" definitely is overloaded for both Time types on the left and Time_Span types on the right, and vice versa.

I've withed Ada.Real_Time, it knows the types, but it's ignoring the overloading for some reason. I've just started learning Ada for this project at work, so if I'm missing something completely obvious, then I wouldn't be surprised.

Congratulations on having the first Ada question in CoC, to the best of my knowledge.

Jul 22, 2007

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Alright, really dumb and most likely easy HTML question, but I don't know much of any html and our web guy doesn't know how to do this off the top of his head:

I need an easy web submission form for service requests, and we have everything flushed out except I want some of the text boxes to contain that grey, italic text that goes away when cursor focus is brought to the box or something is typed in to it. I have no idea what this element property is called though, and googling a general description of it turns up a mess of garbage. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some quick example code to give to my web guy?

CSS:
code:
.something { color: gray; font-style: italic; }
HTML:

code:
<input type="text" value="some text" class="something"
  onfocus="this.value = ''; this.setAttribute('class', '')">
Tested once in Firefox, but should work. May not be the best solution, though.

edit: table breaking is always fun.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

In bash, is there a way to redirect stdout to a command that works on files?

I have a list that I'd like to compare to another list using comm. One of the lists is created by a [long tangle of seds, awks and greps], while the other is a file (mylist). The command comm only takes input as files.

Do I have to go by a temp file, or is there some way to get comm to work with the stdout?

[long tangle of seds, awks and greps] >tempfile
comm tempfile mylist

to:
comm mylist [long tangle of seds, awks and greps]

floWenoL
Oct 23, 2002

axolotl farmer posted:

In bash, is there a way to redirect stdout to a command that works on files?

I have a list that I'd like to compare to another list using comm. One of the lists is created by a [long tangle of seds, awks and greps], while the other is a file (mylist). The command comm only takes input as files.

Do I have to go by a temp file, or is there some way to get comm to work with the stdout?

[long tangle of seds, awks and greps] >tempfile
comm tempfile mylist

to:
comm mylist [long tangle of seds, awks and greps]

Yes. You want "comm mylist <(long tangle of seds awks and greps)". Under the hood, bash replaces <(...) with something like /dev/fd/XXX which is the dev path to the stdout of the process.

Plastic Jesus
Aug 26, 2006

I'm cranky most of the time.
What is the most efficient way to find the location in an integer of a specific byte value? For instance, suppose that I have an integer of 0x43001928, how do I find the byte position of the value 0x00? Obviously I could just cast to a char pointer and walk the bytes, but it seems like there is a faster (no matter how marginally faster) way to do this.

Specifically I have a large buffer from which I need to find strings of bytes in a specific range (pretend that range is 0x00-0x3f). A comparison of every byte is easy but non-optimal so I'm casting to an unsigned integer pointer, allowing me to look at 4 bytes in one instruction. However, I need to know if the last 1, 2, or 3 bytes in that integer are in my approved range, otherwise I'll skip over them when I increment my pointer. That sounds confusing, so assume the following (and ignore endianness as a concern for now):

code:
unsigned char *my_buf, *puc;
unsigned char *pui;

...Read bytes into my_buf...

puc = my_buf;
pui = (unsigned int *)puc;
Will result in this
code:
[byte#] 0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8
        puc
        |
        v
my_buf [\x64, \xde, \x34, \x54, \xff, \x32, \x12, \x39, \x12 ...]
        ^                     ^
        |                     |
        pui                   |
        |_____________________|
At this point (*pui & 0xc0c0c0c0) will equal 0x40c000c0. I need an operation that will let me know that byte #2 is 0x00 (which lets me know that the byte in that position in buffer is <=0x3f). I also need to know (hopefully in the same operation) that byte #2 has no adjacent bytes that are in my desired range (remember, I'm looking for series of bytes inside a specific range). I would then know that I need to bump puc up sizeof(unsigned int) bytes which will result in:

code:
[byte#] 0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8
                                puc
                                |
                                v
my_buf [\x64, \xde, \x34, \x54, \xff, \x32, \x12, \x39, \x12 ...]
                                ^                     ^
                                |                     |
                                pui                   |
                                |_____________________|
This time (*pui & 0xc0c0c0c0) gives me 0xc0000000 meaning that I've found the beginning of a series of desirable bytes, so I need to bump puc only 1 byte for my next comparison.

Is there a mathematical or logical operation that I'm missing here? I don't mind inlining IA86 asm if necessary. I considered the following:

code:
val = *pui & 0xc0c0c0c0;
if(val == 0)
   goto good_series;

if((~val & 0x00ffffff)) == 0x00ffffff)
   puc++;
else if((~val & 0x0000ffff)) == 0x0000ffff)
   puc += 2;
else if((~val & 0x000000ff)) == 0x000000ff)
   puc += 3;
else
   puc += 4;
but I don't think that buys me much over walking the buffer a byte at a time.

Suggestions? Does any of this make any sense at all?

Alan Greenspan
Jun 17, 2001

Plastic Jesus posted:

If you have access to a library or something check out this book. Pages 91-96 discuss your problem. It's available on Safari if you've got a subscription. Undocumented source code is available here. The example "// Find leftmost byte having an upper case letter." can be modified for your range of valid bytes (assuming your range of bytes between your lowest byte and your highest byte is less than 128).

Plastic Jesus
Aug 26, 2006

Alan Greenspan posted:

Undocumented source code is available

This rules, thanks.

black candy
May 30, 2005

Plastic Jesus posted:

The performance concern here is that your method appears to require misaligned loads from puc. I don't know the details for x86, but most hardware hates this. You may want to consider making only aligned loads to keep 64 bits of the buffer in memory, search for the sequence within those bits, and if not found slide the 'window' forward by 32 bits.

Plastic Jesus
Aug 26, 2006

black candy posted:

The performance concern here is that your method appears to require misaligned loads from puc. I don't know the details for x86, but most hardware hates this. You may want to consider making only aligned loads to keep 64 bits of the buffer in memory, search for the sequence within those bits, and if not found slide the 'window' forward by 32 bits.

Well I'll be damned. I always assumed that because data didn't have to be aligned (and since x86 doesn't even have standard length opcodes) that it didn't matter. But I just found this:

Intel Architecture Software Developer’s Manual Volume 1: Basic Architecture posted:

Words, doublewords, and quadwords do not need to be aligned in memory on natural boundaries...However, to improve the performance of programs, data structures (especially stacks) should be aligned on natural boundaries whenever possible. The reason for this is that the processor requires two memory accesses to make an unaligned memory access; whereas, aligned accesses require only one memory access. A word or doubleword operand that crosses a 4-byte boundary or a quadword operand that crosses an 8-byte boundary is considered unaligned and requires two separate memory bus cycles to access it; a word that starts on an odd
address but does not cross a word boundary is considered aligned and can still be accessed in one bus cycle.

Just to think out loud here- I can keep puc pointing to the beginning of what appears to be a series and only cast pui onto 4-byte boundaries, correct? This will complicate things a little, as the series of interest are of a fixed size so my AND masks will have to be variable when checking the series end. But that's not a big deal.

God I love it when I get direct, usable information about questions. Thanks guys.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I've been looking into writing a vista sidebar IM client using libpurple (gaim/pidgin/finch libraries) but I wasn't sure if it would even be possible. The IM interface would be in C++. I know you can execute C++ code with a DHTML interface, but I don't have enough experience with DHTML to know if something of this magnitude would be possible. So any suggestions as far as the best way to go about doing this or a pointer to some good reference material would be appreciated. Or just shoot the idea down if it's not feasible.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

floWenoL posted:

Yes. You want "comm mylist <(long tangle of seds awks and greps)". Under the hood, bash replaces <(...) with something like /dev/fd/XXX which is the dev path to the stdout of the process.

Thank you! This is extremely useful.

I haven't seen this in any of the many bash tutorials/tips/tricks I've seen online. This is as useful as 2>&1 !

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

astr0man posted:

I've been looking into writing a vista sidebar IM client using libpurple (gaim/pidgin/finch libraries) but I wasn't sure if it would even be possible. The IM interface would be in C++. I know you can execute C++ code with a DHTML interface, but I don't have enough experience with DHTML to know if something of this magnitude would be possible. So any suggestions as far as the best way to go about doing this or a pointer to some good reference material would be appreciated. Or just shoot the idea down if it's not feasible.

libpurple is probably ridiculously heavyweight for a sidebar IM application...it's basically an entire backend framework that implementors provide a frontend to (see: Adium). This is something of a design flaw with libpurple in my opinion, because using it isn't as simple as calling a function with a message and the screen name you want to send to.

That said, I really have no idea how you could go about interfacing with libpurple from DHTML in the first place. If you're not set on C++, and you can use something like Script#, you could leverage .NET solutions for instant messaging libraries (such as OscarLib, MsnLib, and JabberLib :v: ).

Disclaimer: I have never tried to make a sidebar application, or used Script#, but I do know a lot about IM applications in general. If you'd like any information on that end please feel free to ask.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

csammis posted:

:words:

Alright, I've never used Script# or C# but I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

more falafel please posted:

Congratulations on having the first Ada question in CoC, to the best of my knowledge.

Looks like it will be the last Ada question, too.

For those 15 years from now who search this thread and maybe would like a stop-gap solution, I was able to get Ada.Real_Time."+"(Poll_Time, Period) to work. Don't ask me why the normal way doesn't work, because I have no clue.

Bender fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 18, 2008

derelict515
Sep 10, 2003

Bender posted:

Looks like it will be the last Ada question, too.

For those 15 years from now who search this thread and maybe would like a stop-gap solution, I was able to get Ada.Real_Time."+"(Poll_Time, Period) to work. Don't ask me why the normal way doesn't work, because I have no clue.

God Ada is horrible. I had one assignment to use it and that was enough.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

What is the proper way to send and receive messages to a multicast group over all network interfaces, instead of just the default one? Apparently it vaguely works if I create one socket per interface and specify the interface index explicitly when I join the multicast group, but that seems a bit unnecessary. Somehow default routes keep getting in my way. :(

Dec 4, 2004
I've been playing around with Project Euler and I've come across a small portion that I think has to have a better solution. In particular I'm working on problem 35 which has a rotation element. The idea is to take the least significant digit radix ten and make it the most significant with the remaining digits each becoming slightly less significant. For example 12345 would become 51234. I've come up with the following solution to this.

code:
unsigned int Problem35::rotate(const unsigned int number, const unsigned int amount)
{
     // If the rotation amount is zero or the number is a single digit there is nothing to rotate
     if ((amount == 0) || (number < 10)) {
          return number;
     }

unsigned int num_digits = converter<unsigned int, double>::convert(ceil(log10(number)));

// If number is a power of 10, num_digits will be one less than it should be
     if (number == converter<unsigned int, double>::convert(pow(10,num_digits))) {
          ++num_digits;
     }

//Scaled by the number of digits in case amount >= num_digits
     unsigned int rotate_amount = amount % num_digits;

if (rotate_amount == 0) {
          //Rotating amount is equivalent to the starting number
          return number;
     }

unsigned int rotate_modulus = converter<unsigned int, double>::convert(pow(10,rotate_amount));
     unsigned int to_shift = number % rotate_modulus;
     unsigned int rotated = number / rotate_modulus;

rotated += to_shift * converter<unsigned int, double>::convert(pow(10,num_digits - rotate_amount));

return rotated;
}
The problem I have with this solution is it is dependent upon functions that operate on floating point numbers (log10, pow, etc). Is there a way to do this with only integral operations?

edit: In case you are curious the converter<unsigned int, double> comes from Boost's numeric conversion stuff. I'm also more interested in the algorithm than an implementation which I can easily code up myself.

6174 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 22, 2008

floWenoL
Oct 23, 2002

6174 posted:

The problem I have with this solution is it is dependent upon functions that operate on floating point numbers (log10, pow, etc). Is there a way to do this with only integral operations?

Sure. First, you want floor(log10(number)) + 1, and not ceil(log10(number)). That avoids the need for the extra test after. You can do discrete log10 (floor . log10) easily by trial multiplication of 10; there's no known efficient solution, though, but for the size of integers you're working with, it doesn't really matter. You can also do pow(10,x) easily by repeated multiplication, or repeated squaring, which is a bit faster, but again, it doesn't really matter for the size of the numbers you're working with.

Dec 4, 2004

floWenoL posted:

Sure. First, you want floor(log10(number)) + 1, and not ceil(log10(number)). That avoids the need for the extra test after. You can do discrete log10 (floor . log10) easily by trial multiplication of 10; there's no known efficient solution, though, but for the size of integers you're working with, it doesn't really matter. You can also do pow(10,x) easily by repeated multiplication, or repeated squaring, which is a bit faster, but again, it doesn't really matter for the size of the numbers you're working with.

:doh: I really should have seen those. Stupid being sick. Thanks floWenoL.

Dauq
Mar 21, 2008

Plastic Jesus posted:

If you say you're looking into asm as well, the x86 asm code has instructions specifically for finding bytes in strings.
You should look at REP SCANSB for your task, something like this maybe:

mov edi, _string ;your string
mov ecx, [string_length] ;your string's length
mov al, 0
repnz scansb ;the magic, scan for 0
jnz not_found
mov [pointer_to_result], edi
jmp exit_point
not_found:
movd [pointer_to_result], 0
exit_point:

I'm pretty sure nothing a compiler outputs is as efficient as the processor's string scaning instructions.
I'm not really experinced in inlining the asm in various compilers though, the syntax is very different between Intel and that AT&T syntax GCC uses.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
When using Eclipse to code java I know there is a way to make it automaticaly insert stubs for javadoc comments, but I can't for the life of me find out how. Anyone know if it's an add-on or pre-installed, and how to use it? Can't find anything useful on google.

Alan Greenspan
Jun 17, 2001

Blacknose posted:

When using Eclipse to code java I know there is a way to make it automaticaly insert stubs for javadoc comments, but I can't for the life of me find out how. Anyone know if it's an add-on or pre-installed, and how to use it? Can't find anything useful on google.

I just go into the line right above a function and hit

/** [SHIFT-ENTER]

That picks up on the parameters, thrown exceptions, etc

Edit: Simply hitting ENTER seems to work too.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Blacknose posted:

When you're using the wizard to create a new object, there's a checkbox for "Generate Javadoc comments" or something like that. I didn't add any plugins to get that behavior.

Also, you can put your cursor on the member in question and hit Shift-Alt-J to get Javadoc automatically inserted in the same manner Rheingold mentioned.

And finally, you're looking for the Java megathread :ssh:

Plastic Jesus
Aug 26, 2006

Dauq posted:

If you say you're looking into asm as well, the x86 asm code has instructions specifically for finding bytes in strings.
You should look at REP SCANSB for your task, something like this maybe:

I thought about this, but the byte of interest will be part of an integer (and in a register already), not a string of characters.

On a related note, does anyone know if Microsoft's implementation of things like strlen() and strchr() make use of the REP SCAN instructions? I suppose that if I wasn't so lazy I'd just open in up in IDA right now. But I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

csammis posted:

When you're using the wizard to create a new object, there's a checkbox for "Generate Javadoc comments" or something like that. I didn't add any plugins to get that behavior.

Also, you can put your cursor on the member in question and hit Shift-Alt-J to get Javadoc automatically inserted in the same manner Rheingold mentioned.

And finally, you're looking for the Java megathread :ssh:

Oops, sorry. Was in a rush for the information and didn't look properly, my bad.