Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poofactory
May 6, 2003

by T. Finn
I'm trying to set up a web site to take credit cards through authorizenet using the AIM system.

I'm slightly familiar with perl so I'm trying to implement their sample code.

http://developer.authorize.net/samplecode/

They've hard coded all of the values like cc number, name, address into the script and I am able to set the script up on my web site and it works fine so I know all my passwords and permission settings are ok.

The problem I have, and it is probably because I have to training at all in comp sci, is editing the script to accept the values from a form and pass those values to the gateway.

For example, one value in my form:

<input id="FormsEditField1" type="text" name="Amount" style="white-space:pre" value="50.00" size="10" maxlength="10">

I have the form set up to post this value to the perl script.

The original perl script says:

x_amount => "12.23",

So I changed that to

x_amount => "Amount",

x_amount being the value that the gateway recognizes as the total charge and Amount being the data from my form.

But I get an error that says no valid amount supplied.

Am I supposed to write some actual code to get it to process the form data or can I just change this or another section somehow?

Hopefully someone can give me an answer. I know perl isn't the most popular language right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU