Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrontLine
Sep 17, 2003
I gave Mr. Adequate hot, steamy man love and all he bought me was a custom title!
If anybody can offer suggestions and ideas on this it'd be very much appreciated.

Situation: I've got a Python script that uploads a file to a certain site, waits for and then processes the reply into a specified format. This part works fine.

Problem: I now need a to create a front end for this script. I want a user to be able to visit a web page, select a file just like you would if visisted WaffleImages or such, and have the results processed.

Steps that need to be completed:
  • Have the previously mentioned Python script output the results in an XML file that is validated against a XML Schema file that I create.
  • The results are then displayed on another web page and is formatted according to a CSS file that I create and references that XML file from before.

Anything, and I mean anything, you guys have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Any tutorials, recommendations, suggestions etc. would be recommended. Please also suggest methods to accomplish what I've mentioned.

Also, what would be the best way to approach the XML part? I've been looking around but nothing in terms of 'Python on XML' documentation has been low level enough to help a newbie :(

Note: I posted this here 'cause I felt it was to broad for the Python thread or any of the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU