Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

This also sounds kinda interesting~

http://blog.spacesocket.com/2012/07/23/learning-ada/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

heap posted:

Thank you! These are great, just the kind of thing I was looking for. Any other suggestions are appreciated too.

http://www.99-bottles-of-beer.net/ :q:

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

When is that gonna overflow?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

But he's using %d anyway, on what platforms does that print more than, like, 2^31? There's plenty of space, clearly.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

What's he supposed to do in ANSI C tho :(

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

You could modulo them to both be between 0 and 2 pi before comparing them, I think. Look up how your language's modulo operation works on negative numbers or w/e but you should be able to get angles normalized like that.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Am I missing something or is i the CSV reader object and not actually any bit of the data in the file? You need to do CSV.open(...) |csv| csv.each do |line| ... end end or something?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

pipes! posted:

So if I make a folder called "foo" and link it to a folder called "bar", then delete the folders, the symlink will restablish if I create two new folders using the old names in their old locations?

That doesn't sound like unix symlinks. You wouldn't be making a folder and then linking it to another folder, you would make a symlink that points to the other folder and that's it. If you delete it like any other file, it's gone for good. Symlinks just sit in the filesystem and are visible to ls and pretty much everything that lists file, they aren't some subtle invisible thing.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

You're basically doing modular arithmetic, so there's gonna be a multiplicative inverse of 215 that is not 1/215, so that x * 215 * that number = x. You can bruteforce that to be 231 since there's only a handful of numbers between 0 and 256. Java's signed bytes are a bit distracting here, I guess. :(

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I don't understand oauth, what's stopping just about anyone from extracting the client id and then using permissions users have granted to my app in their own app?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I was looking at https://developers.google.com/drive/web/auth/web-client and it all sounded like it'd happen in javascript served to users and not my hypothetical server at all.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I did click the "Web (Server-side)" link first but then went to the client-side page because the server-side one said "If your application does not require offline access to user data, consider using the client-side authorization flow, which can be implemented using only JavaScript and HTML." :negative:

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

That wouldn't stop someone with a spoofed client library that doesn't do that check, would it?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

If the user reassigns V, you've lost control of the loop. If they reassign _node, it's their own fault for touching a variable with a name starting with an underscore, they should know better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

SQLite doesn't have a date/time data type. :(