Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Hope this is the right place to post this.

I've got a bit of gap in my C.V. which is working against me in finding well paid IT work, I used to be a contractor using VB and SQL server (Oracle, Informix and Access too) since v3 and v7 respectively up to .NET and 2008.

I think that getting MCSA's in VB and SQL server might be the way to go in compensating for my recent lack of work but all the courses look pretty expensive. Does anyone have any recomendations on books or web sites that I can use to study for the exams in VB and SQL server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
I have a C# program that aggregates data from different sources into an array and I want to compare that data to a table in sql server.

Can I use LINQ to join my array with the sql server table? If so could someone point me to some example code?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
I'm looking for an easy to use development environment I can run on Android (or Windows) that I can use to develop a simple app for Android and IOS using the same code. I haven't done any programming in a while so would like to let library calls do most of the work.

The app need to pair with and use a bluetooth "clicker" and send messages to another app.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
"using the same code" would be ideal. I just don't want to write 2 seperate apps but I can accept that there will be a few code differences.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Thanks for the Flutter advice.

I have downloaded Flutter/Dart and vscode etc but can't get the android emulator to work so I have started using the online Flutter development environment - Flutterab.

Is this a good choice? What about others like Flutterflow?

Also can anyone recommend online training?

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
I need some pointers on Flutter/Dart and viewing jpgs.

I've only found the assetimage and networkimage examples but need to get my images locally from a folder on a tablet or phone, like a subfolder of pictures on my android tablet.

What widget should I be using to show these images fullscreen and navigating through them with swipe gestures?

Could someone link me to a local image tuorial suitable for someone new to Flutter and Dart?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005
Not sure if I asked this question before.

Any advice on simple android dev tools that run on android?

All I have at the moment is an android tablet and phone so would like something that either runs on android or over the web like flutterflow. I am finding flutterflow a bit difficult to integrate the main functions of my simple app design and may just need to slog on.

The app is a simple culling tool that needs to integrate folder selection, full screen image presentation, swipe gestures for next/previous image and up/down swipes for keepers/delete.

Any suggestions for other tools or flutterflow examples I should look at would be greatly appreciated.