Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

CPColin posted:

I like that future() function that it calls, which does a bounds check, then performs an array operation that does the same bounds check, except correctly (it should be >=, not >).

I am slightly terrified that I just decided to interview at a place using Vert.x and this is apparently the most recent reference to using it here, as well as hardly any mention of it anywhere online

as a hardened spring guy who has enough experience with web flux to make it not explode, why do I want vert.x instead of spring + web flux for reactive apps? what am I gaining with vert.x that makes up for losing everything spring gives me?

(the answer will be "because their management pays you to write it using vert.x" but I'd like to know if there's an actual good reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU