Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Automotive Insanity › Tools! - cranking it in the garage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://x.com/depthsofwiki/status/1718404632362254612?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

So Amazon left a cordless grease gun at my front door.

I didn't order a grease gun.

I didn't order any power tools.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The problem now is that I need to buy a piece of heavy equipment to use it on...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

This isn't relevant to any particular discussion in this thread atm but I figured a gang of you MFs will agree with me on this one.

I bought some stuff online from Grainger, I ordered it yesterday afternoon and it showed up this morning which was good.

They sent me an email survey to ask how my experience was and in the comments section I wrote the following:

"It was good that you didn't force me to create an account just so I can give your company money. I seriously fuckin hate that poo poo. Also the shipping was fast. But I'm really happy that I didn't have to create an account, I really fuckin hate that poo poo and when companies want you to create an account just to buy something from them I do my best to avoid doing business with them. I fuckin hate that poo poo."

if anyone actually read the feedback i'm sure you made their day

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

How do the Milwaukee m18 batteries hold up to daily abuse? I’m trying to drum up reasons to switch away from Ryobi as the tool brand we use for work. I have a feeling that half of our batteries we got at the $25/4ah Home Depot sale less than a year ago are about to die.

my unprofessional opinion is to only swap to milwaukee if they have tools you need that ryobi doesn't

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Krakkles posted:

Make your own drat extension cord exactly how you want.

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If i was starting from scratch I'd probably go m12 too, with m18 where needed.

Right now I just have a mix of dewalt and flex stuff that i bought because it was on sale when i needed a given tool.