Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Perhaps for you, but things to this very day are still be manufactured with SAE hardware for some insane reason. I don't see that ending any time soon when it's even on cheap china junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Got first dibs on your dwell meter.

That would be my grandfather's dwell meter. Still working the last time I used it 5-ish years ago and I"m likely to continue using it with the amount of classic cars in my orbit.

E: But if for some reason that didn't work I'd use the tool that I use a lot for CAN diagnosis (a thing that absolutely exists on EVs) and lots of other stuff: a picoscope.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 27, 2024

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

If you want meaningful bidirectional for multiple brands with activation/coding and the ability to run tests/bleeds/etc, especially if you're using it on new enough to have OEM Activation chryslers, you're getting into the $700 price range with Aabout a hundred bucks per year software updates (most have the first two for free). I'm currently using this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CGW5T2Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can go with the 900 series/$1k-ish machines which are much nicer but the updates are like $300+ per year on those so no thanks.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

kastein posted:

I couldn't get that bullshit fiber megaloc to work worth a poo poo.

Really? What was it doing/not doing? I've been all in on Blue Monster tape plus Megalock on top since a friend of a friend plumber/boiler guy was like "this is all we do anymore, and it works every drat time with no callbacks"

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Huh, that sucks. But like....."plumbers lasagna" (love the term) has been the standard for a long time now. These are just the new sweetheart products to do it with.