Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Things I need for my garage:

1. Impact gun
2. Angle grinder
3. Dremel

I'm fairly boorish even it comes to appreciate differences in quality, so other people may know what's actually good, but I will say that my cheap HF impact wrench is possibly the best 20$ I have ever spent. I had no idea how incredibly loving useful those things are--at the time I just needed to pop off an axle nut, and now I use it for anything and everything. It's a must for any kind of suspension work, and made changing the front sprocket on my bike a breeze.

I'd imagine that half the bad reviews are idiots who forgot to put air tool oil in it, and the other half is the typical HF quality crapshoot. It runs well enough off my six gallon porter cable air compressor, though I'm browsing around craigslist for a better one.

Speaking of air compressors, what's a good one that I can run of 110v? I keep seeing some really nice two stage/20 gallon compressors on craigslist, but they're all 220/230v, and I can't swing that where I'm at right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I love buying nice tools, so I'm secretly hoping it'll break and I can upgrade it... only problem is, it just won't, nomatter how hard I try :argh:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

FatCow posted:

Arent pits disallowed by building code pretty much everywhere? They have a tendency to fill with poison gas unless they have proper ventilation.

:stare:

Holy crap, you weren't kidding about lifts getting cheap--apparently you can get a lift for 1500$?? That's impulse buy money right there. I'd think labor costs alone of digging out the pit would probably be comparable.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

QuarkMartial posted:

What is this $20 impact gun? I'm curious to try something, even if I'll have to return it when it breaks halfway through a tire rotation :v:

I mentioned it on the last page, but I picked this up from harbor freight about a year ago, and it's done absolutely everything I've asked of it with no complaint. This includes working on a 25 year old rustbelt truck.

It's pretty hefty too--it definitely feels quality, fwiw

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 9, 2014

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Oh man, I'm really excited... I just picked up a used Mac coolant pressure tester kit with a bunch of adapters. This is babby's first truck-brand "professional" tool, and based on everything I've ever heard, I'm expecting it to be a religious experience.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

melon cat posted:

I have a small garage, but I'd really like to have a mitre saw and a table saw for woodworking. Is there a such thing as a decent mitre saw/table saw combo? Or are they all doomed to suck like many multi-function appliances are? I'm thinking something along the lines of this Bosch GTM12 Combination Saw, or the Dewalt DW743N.

Yes, it's called a radial arm saw! :eng101:

And don't buy a radial arm saw--the design is inherently more dangerous and prone to kickbacks. I used to have one and even with the recall retrofit kit, it was still a POS. I still can't believe that some poor sucker actually gave me real money for it when I sold the thing.

What you want is a 14-17" bandsaw! It's the ultimate do all cutting machine--I highly prefer mine over my table saw. Grizzly is an awesome value for the money if you do wind up picking one up

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Great find on the Kennedy tool box--I love those things. All the more so because they're still made right here in Ohio!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
On the topic of torches, what's a good intro option for a light-use propane/acetylene torch? I'd like to start using the Kentucky red wrench to loosen up rusted fasteners, but I don't know much, especially about buying the right tanks or where to go about filling them.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

revmoo posted:

I just discovered my air gauge and my compressor air filler (with gauge) are 5psi apart. Since they're both cheapo HF parts I have no way to know which is broken so now I have to replace both. Any suggestions? Accuracy is #1 and ease of use is #2. Also it would be nice to see a gauge with a small range of 30-50psi only since that would cover all my use cases.

This gauge with attached filler nozzle is probably the best :10bux: I've ever spent. Never quite realized how handy having the pressure gauge integrated really is, so you don't have to stop and check every few seconds.

Edit: Only downside is you need a quick connect coupler handy to thread on since it doesn't come with one.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 26, 2014

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I'm trying to expand my tool storage by picking up a middle chest for my old craftsman top box/rolling bottom, but I ran into a bit of a snag, specifically one where they don't make a 26" wide x 18" deep middle chest anymore. Closest thing craftsman has is 16" deep, which just won't cut it since the top box is bigger.

I don't see any used ones on craigslist/eBay at the moment... Is there anywhere else I should look, or someone else that makes a middle chest that'd fit?

Edit: Talked to three different customer service reps and one of them found a middle chest that fit which I could order off the website

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 25, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Sentient Data posted:

Cutting things!

Aviation snips! Use mine for just about everything besides actually cutting aluminum. Maybe you could take a chisel and tap them out? Course that might break the rest of the plastic... oscillating multi tool FTW.

e: Obvious answer is to just buy some cassettes to fill the space up. Then you wouldn't feel bad about it being wasted!

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 26, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
^^ Ain't that the air Dr. Pain picked up to use in his old shop?

Google Butt posted:

What's the best way to store sockets? I'm loving disgusted with my drawer.

These magnetic socket trays are spendy, but pure loving magic. I got a red for my metric sockets, a black for my SAE, and a 1/4" tray for the smaller stuff. Everything fits in a shallow drawer in my chest, and I can just grab the whole tray for whatever I'm working on.

Versus:
3$ Ikea silverware organizer
:catstare:

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 28, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

:aaaaa:

I had no idea you could remove ball joints with an impact wrench...

Guess I'll hafta find another excuse to buy a press :sigh:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Sir Tonk posted:

Do y'all have suggestions for a garage compressor?

This is the design I like, can't install anything in the wall/floor since I'm renting, but $500 is a bit steep.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-professional-25-gallon-horizontal-portable-air-compressor/p-00916475000P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9

I just bought the 80's version of the same thing off craigslist for a hundred bucks, and it's been great for the limited use I've put it through so far. Just remember to check whether you have a 240V outlet in your garage first--otherwise you're hosed.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Kilersquirrel posted:

It's not limited to just automotive stuff either, lawn/(most) power/light construction/etc tools are on the table as well - the only sticking point is that we have to order them from Grainger to get a special pricing deal.

I'd check your special pricing from Grainger against someplace else--I looked at facility supplies from Grainger vs Uline for my workplace, and Uline was usually about a third of the cost for the same drat thing.

You should just raid a harbor freight for your tool lending program--lifetime exchange warranty on hand tools, and if you don't see it again, so what?

Lookit stuff autozone might carry on the tool rental program--yes it's free, but you still have to have x dollars on hand for the deposit anyways. The people liable to use this probably won't have that cash to rent the tool from autozone, even if it is a full refund.

-Deep sockets probably number one on your list.
-Flex head ratchet
-Beam Torque Wrench (lifetime warranty unlike spring torque wrenches)
-Level/measuring tape
-Impact gun with impact sockets and a small ~6 gal compressor would be handy
-steering wheel puller
-Dead blow hammer
-handled suction cup (for car dents)
-I would avoid bit sets, unless you have the budget to replace them frequently (since they get chewed up). That being said, "exotic " bit sets like torx would probably be a good thing to carry
-Jack/jack stands
-Hand Truck
-Ratcheting Straps
-Funnels
-Wheelbarrow?
-Engine hoist? Probably too specialized, but that's definitely a "I'd only need it once in a blue moon and don't wanna buy/store one"

I wouldn't do a huge "General" set unless you wanna inventory that poo poo every time it is returned. Same reason I wouldn't buy anything nicer than harbor freight--people would swap out sockets, etc, and you'd have to check every piece of the set.

Hell, I betcha that of you went to your local harbor freight or autozone and asked to talk to someone about helping out with this, you might get a pretty good deal.

Big stuff like a drill press, I wouldn't do as a loaner, but more of a hey, we got one you can use type of thing.

Again, all depends on your budget and commitment from the library.

Edit: Don't forget PPE!

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 14, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have any advice for removing a water supply valve that's been cranked down onto threaded galvanized pipe? The first supply valve came off no problem with channel locks, but the other doesn't want to budge, even after going at it with a big fuckoff pair of vise grips.

It's under a cabinet, so I don't want to use a torch to loosen things up, but it's crusted on there with forty years of mineral/rust buildup and I don't want to damage the pipes underneath.

I've got some new ball joint valves to thread on there, so should I just dremel the old one off?

vv Thanks! Just hit it with a dremel and that did the trick

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 26, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

bolind posted:

Tool cart

Where did you purchase it from? Can't you return it, especially if it's incompatible with your older box?

I had a hell of a time finding a craftsman middle chest to accommodate my older box, since they don't make that particular line anymore and now make much shallower chests with completely different dimensions. I lucked out though, and after talking with several different representatives, someone was able to point me towards the professional line which still made a middle chest that fit my older stuff. Quality wise, only difference I can tell is the color and grip latch drawer pull.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding Makita power tools? I was browsing 18v Li-Ion tool sets yesterday, and I saw an Amazon Warehouse deal for these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00168AFA0?vs=1

Combined with 15% off for prime day, it bought the price further down to $410 and at that point I couldn't stop myself from jumping on it. My dad gave me a Makita impact driver awhile back, and it's one of my favorite tools, and I thought it'd be good to stick with the same battery system.

I'm sick of dicking around with extension cords whenever I want to use a hole saw or my ancient sawzall, doubly so because usually every nearby outlet has been shut down at the breaker for whatever I'm working on.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Thanks! That really helps alleviate some of my second thoughts on making such a big impulse buy... I was looking at cordless tool sets for my brother and couldn't resist snatching it up for myself when I noticed the extra 70$ off, on top of the open box discount :coffeepal:

... I'm a terrible brother

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of cameras, does anyone have any recommendations for inspection cameras? There's some questionable clay tiles near my gutters that I think might be contributing to my basement flooding, not to mention it'd be great to have something to occasionally schlep into walls to help run or trace stuff.

I'm pretty tempted by the standalone pistol grip units for ~100$, but all the ones I've seen only come with cables that don't really look like they're long enough to do much with beyond poke around a corner.

Would something like this waterproof usb camera zip tied to a fish tape be any good?

e: nvm, just picked up a Ridgid ca-100 with 6' extension cable off craigslist. Still might wind up picking up the usb camera on Amazon since this one is slightly too rigid to get it where I want to go anyways..

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 23, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I'm mostly happy all my harbor freight stuff, especially the weird one-off tools, but I'd imagine that there's a lot of dubious quality that goes largely unseen. It all depends on the factory and time it was made, but I'd imagine that a lot of that stuff isn't actually tool steel, or is poorly tempered/a defective batch used anyways to save costs, etc, while other batches are perfectly fine.

There's a great book called "Poorly Made In China" that talks about the process of manufacturing slip, about how the prototype shown by the factory meets the client's specs, but then the factory starts shaving pennies wherever they can and before you know it you have a pile of crap. If the client complains, they'll just steal the tooling, dissolve the factory incorporation, then re-form it under a new name and offer to make the parts again.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

0toShifty posted:

I'm looking for some kind of OBD2 scan tool to use with a PC. I have a Surface Pro - it has one USB port.

Any recommendations?

Awhile back, I got this one and tried to pair it with Torque, but wound up giving up after never quite getting it to work properly. Probably a step I'm missing, but Torque says it won't read codes from my ECM (though it'll connect other stuff just fine)

If you're looking for just diagnostics, to be able to read and delete codes, this thing has been just freaking awesome. Simple, works every time, and gives you a nice list of codes to google at your leisure. Plus it's super cheap so I just chucked it in my car toolbox and give no fucks if it's stolen.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I've always been under the impression that the truck tool warranty was more or less at the discretion of your dealer and largely a function of whether you're a regular customer? If you don't work at a shop, are you largely SOL?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still a sucker for craftsman tools/marketing, though I have my doubts they'll be around in twenty years to get any kind of warranty protection (on what little they still warranty). Harbor freight is perfect for oddball stuff, and I love my impact tools from there. I think their QC is starting to get more consistent as well, though I wouldn't hold it to the same standards as anyone else.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

HotCanadianChick posted:

Then you're a sucker. They've been making crappy chinesium garbage for a long time now, and are less likely to warranty/replace a tool than Harbor Freight (most of their stuff doesn't come with a lifetime warranty anymore, and hasn't for a long time).

You're absolutely right, and it bugs the crap outta me because I've been trying to find some NOS quick release socket extensions for years now. The original version is great, it's got a metal button that was replaced with a chintzy plastic slide when Apex outsourced production awhile back, and it's hardly fair to even call it the same tool. It's just really dumb decisions like that which have more or less killed the brand and its reputation.

That plus changing the return policy to limit it to 25 years with a receipt for most things (nevermind that thermal paper receipts fade away completely after six months) and discontinuing a large swath of craftsman branded stuff to weasel out of the warranty doesn't give me confidence that they'll even be around when I need to warranty something anyways.

E: All that being said, this is why I will buy craftsman hand tools over harbor freight any day:

That's just from hand pressure trying to torque out the retaining bolts on my starter, no impact or pneumatic tools. All of a sudden it just started turning freely, and I thought the bolt was free, but nope, that was just the harbor freight socket extender failing. The craftsman socket is completely undamaged though.

I realize that it's an unfair comparison of quality, but so is trying to claim that they're in the same class of tool.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jul 27, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Ephphatha posted:

I ended up buying that tool chest I linked a couple weeks back and now I've realised I've got a fuckload of sockets and really need some trays/rails to keep them together so it's not such a pain trying to find what I need. Any suggestions for what to get?

A thousand times these Lisle magnetic socket trays. I have red for metric and black for imperial sockets, as well as a 1/4" tray for the smaller stuff. The magnets hold everything in well enough to carry around by the handle (though it could be a tad bit stronger) and there is nothing more convenient than just grabbing your socket tray with both deep and regular sockets all in one easy spot for whatever job you're doing. I've never had much luck with socket rails, and this is just so easy to keep organized and stowed away in your tool chest. These have been a great investment for me.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Splizwarf posted:

Meh, that's a wobble extension, which we've all recommended against in here. v:v:v They're garbage.

I do have a set of wobble extensions from HF, but the one in question is a pain old straight extension that just buckled under the load.

Though by the time the socket was finished winding it up, it certainly looks like a wobble.

Some stuff there is great, some isn't... All depends on the factory and whether they're trying to save a nickel by passing off mild steel as tool steel. Not downing everything there, I love my impact socket set and some other stuff.

I'm just saying that it isn't on the same quality level. Gearwrench or Lowe's Kobalt brand is probably more equivalent, at least in my experience. I don't do this for a living though, so it's not a lost paycheck if my tool breaks and I've gotta run to the store to replace it vs having the truck swing by and take care of it immediately. I think that more than slight variances in quality, that's what you're really paying for with the premium brands vs midrange vs bargain.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

HotCanadianChick posted:

Tell me about it; my job spends tens of thousands of dollars a month on supplies from Grainger, ranging from CR123 batteries that are about $9.37 each to bottles of Squincher (basically Gatorade concentrate) that is $14 per quart bottle (you'll note Amazon is selling a case of four 1 gallon bottles for that same price).

Grainger is a bunch of bloodsucking leeches.

I was asked to price check some supplies we order for our company through Uline to see if we could cut some costs, and loving Grainger was over twice as expensive for the exact same goods as Uline on literally everything I looked at. And, they're basically the same kind of business to business company

I just don't get it either.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Shop presses--is harbor freight the way to go here? Is it also worthwhile to spend an extra hundred bucks and get a 20 ton H frame press vs 12 ton A frame? Or is a bench top 6 ton press good enough for most things?

First thing I need it for is to replace a wheel bearing, and then probably just miscellaneous automotive stuff, for reference.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
For servicing AC, I was looking at picking up a set of AC manifold gauges and a vacuum pump to refill/evacuate the system and check for basic leaks. Does anyone have any particular recommendations on what to buy?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Thanks! OP answered my questions.

That's what I get for not venturing outside my bookmarks :doh:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
^^ Ratcheting wrenches, especially the gear wrench stuff, are the best thing to happen to fasteners since the adoption of Metric.

Unrelated, but I've been doing a lot of house work lately (new windows, etc) and I just have to say that this Werner multi position ladder is one of the best things I have ever bought. I seriously can't recommend this thing enough if you do any work on a ladder--it's incredibly versatile and you can straddle the top and use it like a scaffold, or like a telescoping ladder if you need to get up high. It's even surprisingly stable on uneven ground.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 10, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

mod sassinator posted:

Nice, I actually just bought one of those in the 13 foot size this weekend and haven't had a chance to use it. I was a little annoyed spending $100 on a ladder, but it looked really well built and I can break it down to store in a closet when needed.
:iia:

mod sassinator posted:

Oh speaking of those lights I saw Costco has long LED replacement flouro tubes too. Good option if you already have flourescent tubes in your garage/workshop.

:aaaaa:

I bet that means... yes... it does exist! Direct LED replacement bulbs for halogen worklights! No more accidental burns!

Though, at ten bucks a pop, I'm just better off getting the costco snap on led work light, aren't I?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Unfortunately that's kind of the impression I got too...

Maybe another couple of years :sigh:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I'm looking at picking up a pair of self adjusting wire strippers, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Eg Klein Katapult vs Irwin Self Adjusting

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Jonny Quest posted:

In
[*]Pittsburgh Pro wobble extensions and universal joint adapters are very handy (and the longest wobble is an excellent, bug-smashing hammer)
[/list]

Things I haven't learned: the old starter would randomly not work, new starter worked last night after installation, but this morning just went "click click click" when the wife tried it. "I thought you needed those new tools to fix it? Should we just take it to the mechanic?"

Goddammit.

If the old starter didn't work randomly, try banging on it with a wrench to free up the armature. If it's clicking, take your car to an auto parts store and have them check the battery/alternator.

Also, did someone say harbor freight extensions? :whatup:

E:

El Jebus posted:

Craftsman sockets were what was stolen! I'll check my local HF, too. I'm planning on getting the Makita 12v Impact to make my life a little easier.

I just bought into the Makita 18v li-ion lineup after my dad gave me his old impact driver, and every tool I've bought since then has been top notch. Plus the batteries last forever (even on a circular saw) and everything is compatible within the Makita lineup, so no bs incompatible batteries.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Aug 25, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

El Jebus posted:

I've gone through enough lovely extensions that I pretty much only use impacts now. Did you use HF impact sockets as well, or were the sockets the normal chromies? If I could get away with the chromies from HF it would open up some cash towards other things I want rather than just things I need!

Speaking of... This 12v set is what I'm looking at and it seems like a pretty good deal, especially since the drill would replace the 20 year old 12v my FIL gave my wife. The same set without the driver or drill (or flashlight) is $65 cheaper so this seems worth it. Is there a reason to go for the 18v systems instead for an extra hundred or so? I love how small and light the Makita 12v bodies are. I'll be doing a lot of work on motorcycles so I think the smaller size will be a blessing. Eventually I plan on a high torque impact as well but that is a little farther down the tool collection road.
The craftsman socket wrecked the HF extension with a regular hand ratchet while trying to free a 15 year old starter. HF stuff is great until you get the batch where the factory decided to save a few pennies by substituting mild steel for tool steel.

You want the impact driver, only thing I still use a drill for is stuff like hole saws. Impact drivers are just freaking awesome, and once you use one, you'll wonder how you ever got by without one.

My two cents is you might as well buy the 18v(aka 20v) line. Makita makes some of the lightest tools in its class, so I don't think you'll notice too much of a difference in form factor. But if you're already spending 200$, you might as well spend a few bucks extra at the get go if you ever think you might want to upgrade one day, or are on the fence now, that way you don't wind up essentially buying the same tools all over again when you get the itch for more power/variety. Being able to interchange batteries between a drill and circular saw still blows my mind

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 26, 2015

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Sadi posted:

So what's the opinion on spline sockets and wrenches? They always struck me as a good way to strip things.

Exactly that

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Mercury Ballistic posted:

I just finished "Poorly Made in China". I think it was a goon in this thread who mentioned it, but I now feel a lot less enthused about HF hand tools after reading. It seems that the variable quality we all comment on is likely the factory seeing what they can slip past the vendor. Anyway, a good but depressing read.

Ditto, I just returned my copy to the library after finishing it as well, and it's an absolutely fantastic read. Really explains a lot of the dynamic for lovely products (especially tools) and why quality is so variable, such as the factory making their own cost saving substitutions at will, leaving the importer very much at the factory's whims. There's basically zero accountability, especially to foreigners.

One particularly interesting point was that a lot of factories will produce things essentially at cost for contries with strong intellectual property protections (eg US, Germany, etc) so they can learn how to make things, steal the designs, and run extra on the production to sell at an upcharge to developing economies since none of them are any good at design or creativity beyond copying. This is why dollar store stuff in the US will cost 2-3$ in Brazil and the rest of the developing world.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

mod sassinator posted:

I'm trying to tame my mess of tools and am wondering, are there any tool boxes with wheels that can hold a full set of SAE/metric wrenches, sockets, and other small random stuff? I don't have a proper garage so something mobile that I can move around is important. However it needs to be pretty darn heavy duty since all this stuff weighs at least 60-70 lbs
This Hazet Tool Cart is exactly what you want*

*Yours for the low low price of $1,600

Please post pictures so I have something to add to the spank bank, please and thank you.

stinch posted:

I think that's just a consequence of the Chinese government's policy of growth at all costs. They will run factories on basically no profit margin just for the sake of running a factory.

That screws everything up because the profit from the factory is pretty important. In China you just have a bunch of factories trying to make something as cheap as possible instead of trying to make as much profit as possible.
Nope, it's exactly because factory owners are so adept at finding creative sources of revenue, all at the expense of their clients. Different priorites et al. Read the book, it's really entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

StormDrain posted:

Just pulled the trigger on a motive pressure bleeder. I'm pumped!

Erhmagerd... Does this... Bleed and pressurize the entire system directly from the ease and comfort of the master cylinder? :stare:

E: nvm, just watched the video... I'm still gonna hafta pull all the wheels one by one to bleed apparently. From the amazon description, I thought that it just worked by creating a vacuum to pump out air/old fluid via the master cylinder and then introduce new fluid via a separate pressurized bottle hooked into the same system... A man can always dream I guess :sigh:

E2: I see that motive also makes a power extractor... Is there any way that those two systems can work together? Eg extract air/fluid and create a vacuum, then close off valve and switch to the other to pump fluid back into the pressurized system?

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 9, 2015