Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Delivery McGee posted:

I do own a torque wrench -- one of those cheap clicky ones, probably from Harbor Freight. I've checked a couple of things after estimating the torque by hand, and they were decently close. If it's something important like head bolts, I use the torque wrench, but most everything else I just tighten until it feels right.

This is how I do everything on my cars as well. It wouldn't work however without quite a few years of loving things up first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Uthor posted:

You just make sure they're facing the correct way, which doesn't sound too difficult.

The video mentioned torque values having to increase by 20%.

I just bought $30 worth of Nordlock washers because of this video.
And because today I had a turbo downpipe nut+stud come out of my turbo housing AGAIN and cause a huge leak. I've never had nuts and bolts fall out of anything as much as they like to free themselves from the turbo and downpipe.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I just bought a house with a 4 car garage (woohoo) and it's empty so I'm trying to set it up..

I need a workbench and this came up on craigslist, for $150

"Steel work bench 6ft x 3ft' "

Dude says it's ~200 lbs and the same one you see in all machine shops and auto places. It looks good to me, and I offered $120 but he wouldn't budge and said he should've asked for $175... :rolleyes:

He said they are $375 new which I find hard to believe but whatever.

It's a bit out of my way to pick it up so my question is, is this worth $150?

Where can I get workbenches at good deals anyway? I've never had to outfit a garage before. I checked costco but they didn't have anything.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

It actually seems much heavier duty that what I've always been used to, and if I bolt it to the floor I dont think hammering on a vice would cause many issues.

I have some welding skillz so I think I could reinforce it if necessary and that would be easier than building a whole new one from scratch.

I guess my main question was the price

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

If I knew the first thing about woodworking, I probably would make a bench, but alas I do not :( My father is a drat genius at it but I never wanted to learn when I was younger and now he's 1500 miles away.

I think I'll probably pick up this metal one for $150 and hope it works out.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Hey tool thread, I'm looking for an EZ Out, preferably the ones made of adamantium that I've seen used in the other threads. It's to remove some ~12mm bolts that the head broke off that holds the plastic shroud over my intercooler. The thing just snapped off with no warning that the bolt was tight. A link to amazon or again, if a HF unit would suffice id be okay with that.

I've never had an EZ out actually work. They either break off inside, or I chicken out because it's about to snap and I just drill the hole out and retap one size larger.

I've heard reverse drill bits are a good thing to try though.