Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

leica posted:

Harbor Freight, 40 bucks for a "click" wrench. Needle wrench will be even cheaper.
$40? Try $10 for a 1/2 drive or $15 for a 3/8 drive.

Fun tip for people who go to Harbor Freight. Print out whatever you're looking for from the website. If the in-store price is more expensive than the website price, they will honor the website price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

hippynerd posted:

I looked at, but didnt get the torque extensions. I've actually seen them before and thought, pretty... whatever. I couldnt tell by looking at them how they work though, it looks like one solid piece. How do those work?
The metal of the torque stick is actually "springy" enough to twist when the amount of torque applied is greater than whatever it is rated.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
I got a coupon book in the mail with the racing jack for $70, but $60 is even sweeter.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
We bought one here at work. No ball bearings on the slides, but it's fairly sturdy. Put a lot of weight in the drawers and they don't slide well, but that's to be expected. The top lid is kinda flimsy though, but for the price it's a good deal.

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.

Z3n posted:

So does anyone have any recommendations besides "Not HF" and "Hardware store"? I was hoping that I could go and look for a fairly decent, cheap brand, or better yet, order it online. Speaking of which...is there a place to order helicoils as well?
You could always try McMaster Carr. I've used their taps before and they've been good, although it was a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goob
Jul 10, 2001

The M-1 does my talking.
I stopped by my local Harbor Freight today. They had coupons out for 25% off a single item on Thanksgiving Day. Thanks to their new crappy coupon policy, there's a bunch of things that you can't use it for. I was pumped that I could get an air compressor for 25% off, but I read the fine print and saw that air compressors are exempt from that coupon. Harbor Freight:argh: