Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

OEM 24364

This is what I was going to recommend but given that it's out of stock at Amazon and Summit (and not even listed most other places) I suspect it's out of production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slidebite posted:

A guy I train taekwondo with is a dead ringer for him. I wanted to get him a PF shirt and wireframe glasses and go around shouting "VERY IMPRESSIVE" at a halloween, but that's pretty obscure.

I'd laugh my rear end off at that.

The only reason I swapped from the older Costco Arcan Hybrid jack to the Daytona Yellow is the extra lift height the Daytona has, and that was only something I wanted once I started working on lifted Jeeps. They were also a lot closer in price back then - the Daytona Super Duty is more than twice that price now.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hose reel chat: at first I was happy with the Flexzilla reel I bought, but the layering mechanism is plastic. In a dusty environment, once any grit gets in there it wears the teeth off of the carrier that actually moves side to side to load the hose back up, and then the reel can't wind without binding.

Also when I disassembled it to investigate this, the return spring was rusted and ended up snapping.

The Flexzilla hoses are great, but would not buy the reel again.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I picked one of these up last summer. It's definitely a step above the typical OBDlink type hardware - was able to do full bidirectional control on my Canyon's EGR bypass valve, and looks like it can run a lot of other bidirectional tests as well.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Krakkles posted:

I like this, but the subscription after a year quickly bumps that price up to the Zurich's neighborhood, and I like the idea of not having to subscribe.

The way I interpret it is that the subscription is only needed for future updates, and at this point I don't see much coming down the pipe for my no-newer-than-2018 fleet. I could be wrong, though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Krakkles posted:

I'd be really curious to hear from you, who I trust a lot more than some random Amazon reviewer, but there's a review on that one that says:

You mentioned last summer, so I'm guessing it hasn't been a year yet?

I'll try to come back and remember, but yeah - according to my Amazon history it was last July. I must not have activated it right away because the app says I have 236 days left.

If it does lock everything back down after that I'll be pissed. It'll still have been cheaper than paying a shop to do that EGR cleaning, and the bidirectional control made it easy to validate that the computer did in fact have control over the bypass valve and that the bypass was working via monitoring EGR cooler inlet/outlet temperatures.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Decent two-prong extension cords do exist but they're rare. I have one somewhere that's built like a typical three-prong cord and I cannot remember where the hell it came from.

In your shoes I'd just snip the tip and be done with it. Store the cord in the car so it never gets used elsewhere.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cat Hatter posted:

In fact, even Menards has them:
https://www.menards.com/main/search.html?search=1-15R

For those not in the know, Menards is the Walmart to Home Depot's Target and is pronounced like someone from the 90s talking about their testicles.

As someone not in the midwest but growing up watching Indycar, I had no idea what Menards was other than "purveyor of very brightly painted racecars".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Lathespin.gif posted:

$18 for a 5ft shot looks pretty good?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303882560684

That seller is legit, I've bought a bunch of TXL from them for wiring my shitboxes. They also have a direct storefront that sometimes has better prices.