Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

RealKyleH posted:

BTW: Quick tool tip, if you buy an air ratchet, at some point it will just open and vent air and not turn. Spray WD40 through it. Like magic it will work every time, good as new. Ive used the same $10 (from that same lovely pep boys kit) for probably 3 years now. Its seized up like this due to poo poo in it probably 3 or 4 times especially if I let it sit for a while. Every time that fixes it perfect.

Well you're actually supposed to lube it with air tool oil before every use, but I guess if you're going 3 years strong then it might not be a huge problem. Unless of course it's applying much less torque than when new, which it might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

EvilDonald posted:

One of these, in 1/2" and 9/16", is the single greatest wrench ever. I have a Craftsman one, but they don't show it on their site. They probably discontinued it, as it's not gimmicky.

I got one in 17-19mm and I really like it as well. It feels really good to use since they don't use the blocky form factor that Craftsman's other wrenches use, it feels like a Snap-On wrench in that regard.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Toucan Sam posted:

In other words you bought a jack to small for your vehicle and proceeded to use it anyway.

Unless he somehow managed to stick the jack under the very center of the car and tried to lift the whole thing, I really doubt that the jack was even lifting 2 tons.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

If anybody needs to buy an ISO/bubble flaring tool (for metric brake lines) then I suggest you buy this: http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/otc4504.html

Hard to beat something made by OTC for $20.

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

ChiliMac posted:

I have a HF digital caliper and it's a POS other than it's accurate enough, and cheap. My HF torque wrench, however, it just dandy and is working quite well and most people I've heard from with one have been satisfied.

I'm not arguing with what you're saying, but how do you even know that the HF torque wrench is torquing to what it is set to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

ModernDayDiogenes posted:

Does anybody have personal experience with Lisle tools? Definitely look more expensive than the stuff you'd pick up in HF, but is there enough quality and :patriot:-ness to make up for the cost?

Lisle makes pretty good stuff, most of what they make are specialty tools - as far as I know they don't make wrenches/ratchets/hex sockets, but other hand tools and weird sockets (think inverse torx).