Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I love my Wiha screwdrivers, super grippy, also they have a steel end cap for hammering and such.

Also my Wiha hex keys, best ever, extra long, super strong, also they come in a nice holder, ball end is a must.

My sockets and wrenches such are Craftsman, or Mastercraft (Canadian Tire), have yet to break anything, although I don't do anything too rough with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

trouser chili posted:

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I just bought one. It's pretty nice, but much more air-hungry compared to missing Snap-On unit. It's really showing how wimpy my 8 gallon Harbor Freight compressor is. gently caress lending tools out, man. Never again.

On the upside, I also swung by Sears and picked up a set of these bad boys in SAE.

I highly recommend them!

I use those for work all the time, the only thing that bugs me is the pivoting head sometimes moves too much and I cant get as much torque on the bolts. I recently bought one with a fixed head and it's great. I have to swap between the two of them sometimes though because it's hard to get to some bolts without the swivel.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I use Wiha screw drivers and hex keys, they are awesome. My ratchets and stuff are from Canadian Tire though, Mastercraft Maximum, actually pretty good stuff.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I feel so lucky to be able to shop at Canadian Tire for tools, sales all the time, and the Mastercraft Maximum stuff is awesome quality.

I think it's been brought up before, but it's true. If you guys end up in Canada at some point, I'd recommend checking it out.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

It's painful listening to him explain the fraction to decimal chart. It seems like he's not so great with finding the right words. I also would have thought he'd have nicer tools but I must say the "widow maker" is pretty cool.

A lot of guys like that have "their tools" doesn't matter what they look like anymore, but they've stood the test of time and still work, no reason to buy cleaner fancier ones.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Uthor posted:

Depends on the jack. The cheap ones suck.

The blue racing jack is pretty nice. I know I've enjoyed using mine much more than the cheap Craftsman jack I have. See the OP.

I love the blue RACING jack, I've owned two of them, and seen two more, every time its a different brand.

One of mine is Michelin branded, came with two jack stands as well, and the other one is ROUSCH RACING branded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Sockington posted:

Only 1/2" ?

3/4" :smug:

Until the 3/4-1/2 adapter shears off. (not saying yours is cheap, or will break)

I had a cheap rear end tool set that had a 3/8" wrench and 1/4" sockets with an adapter, it sheared off the first time I tried to break something lose.

My friend sheared his 1/2 - 3/8 adapter too.