Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Krakkles posted:

“Tools are useless because of EVs” is such a weird position.

I'm looking at my neighbor's house across the street and I see a trump bobble head sitting on the shelf in the garage, and a driveway with Acura, and VW I don't think he's got any EV, nor any need for SAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

deimos posted:

The 5 inch cobra is my most used size. But I don't own the XS which may surpass it.

I ordered a pair of the 5" and they arrived and I was somehow expecting a 87% sized version of the 7" I have, was not expecting a very very similar clone of my XS.. The 5" is definitely a different casting/process but it's basically exactly a XS but an inch longer handle. I contemplated returning them but I guess I'll keep em

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 30, 2024

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

Harbor freight just released a combo Icon 3/8" SAE + Metric 54 pc set for $149, includes the foam tool chest inserts and everything

https://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-drive-sae-and-metric-modular-general-service-socket-set-54-piece-70469.html

That's probably my next big buy; finally replace the 25pc craftsman "travel" set I've been lugging around since I was 18 in the plastic clamshell

Edit: Milwaukee has a billion after market blah blah they make great tools (or so I've heard) just make sure you have at least a 5ah battery for any cordless heavy duty impact wrench stuff. Those baby 2ah batteries aren't poo poo for impact duty

Harbor freight has a 25% off coupon for icon brand hand tools for "inside track" starting this weekend, 20% for plebians

I know what I'm doing at 9am this Saturday

Normally I don't ever talk about coupons but if the 54 pc icon set is $150 that's... $112 with a lifetime warranty?

Only registered members can see post attachments!