Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God

tonedef131 posted:

Where did you get that for $20? I want one of those bad, the fact that it doesn't actually touch anything makes it twice as useful since you can also use it in the kitchen.

Autozone, in with the OEM tools. So probably aisle two. :sigh: I've been working there too long.

And yes, they are pretty cool. I use mine for automotive a/c work. Oh and just as a regular laser pointer too :shobon:

edit:

miklm posted:

Thanks. There goes yet another small portion of my paycheck. My luck the local HF won't have any in stock; they're terrible about having inventory here.

Now that I'm buying a proper tool box, I have to populate it with something...

$119 for the 3-piece combo at the local Sears.

They have this promotion in stores? I looked online and didn't see anything. That looks like a killer deal, I should go pick it up today. My tool storage situation is a sad sight.

Dark Solux fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Solux
Dec 8, 2004

Old School Saturn God

miklm posted:

Well, I was at the store TWICE on Saturday and looked at that combo both times. It was $119, and I went so far as to ask a clerk, "That's for the whole kit?" and "How much longer will it be on sale?" (March 15 was the answer, and I wanted to know because I was in my car with no way to get it home. I declined the offer to pay for it now and pick up later.)

So I went this afternoon to buy it, and the price was $199, AFTER $20 mail-in rebate. I found the manager and asked him if that wasn't $119 on the weekend and he just looked confused and said it wasn't.

So, either I'm crazy or Sears pulled a fast one on me. It is listed for $199 online too, so I guess the store had made a mistake which got caught since Saturday. Regardless, I bought it, then found out I'll have to pick up the intermediate chest from another local store since they didn't have one in stock. So I got the top and bottom parts home and set up and all my tools migrated over and mostly organized. I'll get the intermediate chest tomorrow afternoon.

So, sorry if I got your hopes up about finding it for $119. I should have bought it on Saturday.

I also got a set of Craftsman ratcheting wrenches. When I go pick up the intermediate chest, I've got to get another screwdriver organizer, a wrench organizer, and some of that padding for the bottom of the drawers. Bankruptcy awaits with these frequent visits to Sears...

Yeah I went to sears today to look at tool boxes but they didn't have any three piece combos for less than like 300$. Oh well. There's always the US General boxes at HF :v: