Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fansipans
Nov 20, 2005

Internets. Serious Business.

Endor posted:

Any suggestions for a good way to light up a dim garage? I've got one of those 1-car condo garages, which is barely wide enough to fit one car with some storage space against the back wall. Currently the only thing lighting it up is one sad 40 watt bulb, and the natural light that comes in when the door's open. I know I can get a much higher wattage main bulb, but since I only have the one light socket should I also look for some fluorescent lamps or something similar that I could hang from the rafters?

Thirding or fourthing the flourescent tubes. You can get a big rack of 4 tubes from Home Depot or Lowes for ~$50. One of the next immediate things I've planned for my garage is flooding the poo poo out of it with light.

As far as wiring, given the minimal draw of flourescents (as opposed to a bunch of halogen bulbs, which also function as open-air toaster-ovens), I'd suggest uninstalling the bulb fixture, and replacing it with a breakout box (literally twisting wires apart and then together) and running ceiling-mounted conduit to 2 or 3 tube fixtures. That's what I'm going to do. Then you don't have a bunch of hanging wires dangling off to some ghetto powerstrip :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU