Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I've been using Django more and more, but I haven't deployed anything yet. Something that has me confused is I created a ImageField in a model, but upon reading documentation I saw something that said Django can't actually serve media? So does that mean any image I add to the sqlite db won't actually be grabbable by a API?

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Perfect, thank you for the help. I'm not going to push this little app live and it'l llive on my home network so a CDN might be a bit excessive, but will definitely use that built in view tool.

Thank you!

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
So what i'm doing is just using Django as a API to get 1 piece of text and then a image to use for a background, of which all this information (and the images) are added only by the admin using Django Admin; so I don't think I need to worry about that stuff right? I'm not worried if someone gets in and there's nothing private, although I guess if I ever want to publically expose the API then I would need to worry. I guess I could offload the images to a CDN and then just hold onto the link as a URL in the API which would probably make stuff easier. I'm guessing there's no free CDN's for like ~200 images tho lol.

I guess my sub question is, where can I host this API on the web if I wanted to for "free" or cheap? It has maybe 200 objects it'll expose on the API, if that makes sense.

Thanks for all the help.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Sweet thank you both!

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I ended up using PythonAnywhere, didn't know you could lamba that though. Maybe i'll move it to that.