Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jacko
Aug 30, 2002

I just created my first Django project and I am having some trouble figuring out where certain work should happen (I'm new to Web development and Django). Hopefully someone can help.

For example:

I am writing a simple referee scheduler for youth soccer. I have a game model, a referee model, and a basic template where I list out each game and referee.

What I would like to do is have games listed in a column on the left, referees listed in a column on the right, and let the user click a game then click a ref and have the assignment made.

This is where my confusion comes in, because I'm not sure where I should do the work of assigning the referee to the game. Is this in a separate view? How do I get information into this other view, such as the selected game?

Then, finally, after this assignment is made, how do I reload the original page (with the updated assignment) so the user can continue to make selections?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jacko
Aug 30, 2002

bitprophet posted:

awesome stuff...

Wulfeh posted:

awesome stuff...
This was a huge help, I was *hoping* to post back with some results but as I do one thing I realize I'm missing something else, so I have been backtracking to make sure I understand the fundamentals. I'll definitely post back (with more questions :) )when I get this implemented.