Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liquidfury
Jul 2, 2004

I having an issue with the database not updating the coloums when the models are changed. I saw in the thread that it is a known issue. Is there a way to force it to update? I am running Django 0.96.1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidfury
Jul 2, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

It's not just a known issue, it's just the way it's going to be. You have to recreate the database/tables when you make a change to the model. There was a schema-evolution branch in progress, but I don't know what is happening with it.

Alternately, manually make the changes :v:

I am not worried about loosing the data in the table. Is there a way I can force it to just recreate the models?

I know sql so going in and making changes isn't an issue, but I was much happier not having to. So if I added a foreign key relation to the class I just have to add a foreign key relation to the actual tables?

edit: fixed it. should have read django faq

liquidfury fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 6, 2008