Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Is there a decent guide to running this on shared hosting somewhere out there? It looks like the Django guys are just giving shared host users the finger, which is kinda mean, haha.

On my host, Django couldn't find psycopg or psycopg2 so I decided to just install python out of my /home directory. I was successful in getting python running and I've been able to then get django going on top of it. I can do django-admin.py syncdb with my project, too, and it definitely is connecting to my db ok.

The problem I'm having is I can't seem to view anything from a web browser. I've been reading the guides on using .htaccess and mysite.fcgi but can't seem to get it to work. All I get when I load the page is a blank page that takes forever to load. My logs for the subdomain it's on don't seem to indicate any errors. Are there any good guides out there on running on a shared host? I imagine I'm going to have more problems since I'm running python and everything else out of /home.

edit: Forgot to mention this is on Steadfast

blorpy fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Finally, I got it working. Looks like being on a shared host can be tricky.

blorpy fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 10, 2008