Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyne
May 30, 2007
Beauty is a rare thing.

This does seem like a piece of kit that Mr. James would enjoy, now that you mention it. Kinda reminds me of the stuff he does with the MS-20, another great gently caress-poo poo-up synth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
Do you guys have an opinion of the Korg Prophecy Solo? I've read some reviews and it seems like a pretty good monosynth... I found one for $100, if it's still available and in good condition I'm just gonna pick it up.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
$100 is a steal. Gives you a 1-voice Z1. Drawbacks: arcane OS and the analog department isn't super spectacular compared to most recent stuff, but you can do some absolutely far-out stuff with the physical models.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden
I got it, works perfectly. This thing is sick as poo poo.

DumpOrCrap
Jul 29, 2006
First off, this is a great thread. It's really motivated me to get going making music.

Here's my question though:

I bought Reason 4 and an M-Audio Axiom 25 keyboard. I've been working through all the modules in Reason, and really like the flexibility it gives you with all the synths and effects. However, I want to start incorporating samples into what I'm doing. It seems like ReCycle is a good tool to start building your own samples, but before I run out and spend another $250 I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

Would it make more sense to spend the money on Live or Logic rather than ReCycle? To the extent I wanted to continue to use Reason synths, I could ReWire them into either.

I've played around a fair bit with Live alot and have mixed feelings about it. I really like the Session view, but find the sequencer and sampler interfaces to be somewhat infuriating. I don't really have much experience with Logic. I know this question has as many answers as people answering, but does anyone have any guidance on pros / cons of each? Are there any really powerful features of ReCycle that I'm missing that would make it more attractive than the sampling features of the other two programs? Sorry for the rambling question, but any guidance would be appreciated.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

DumpOrCrap posted:

First off, this is a great thread. It's really motivated me to get going making music.

I bought Reason 4 and an M-Audio Axiom 25 keyboard. I've been working through all the modules in Reason, and really like the flexibility it gives you with all the synths and effects. However, I want to start incorporating samples into what I'm doing. It seems like ReCycle is a good tool to start building your own samples, but before I run out and spend another $250 I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

Would it make more sense to spend the money on Live or Logic rather than ReCycle? To the extent I wanted to continue to use Reason synths, I could ReWire them into either.

I've played around a fair bit with Live alot and have mixed feelings about it. I really like the Session view, but find the sequencer and sampler interfaces to be somewhat infuriating. I don't really have much experience with Logic. I know this question has as many answers as people answering, but does anyone have any guidance on pros / cons of each? Are there any really powerful features of ReCycle that I'm missing that would make it more attractive than the sampling features of the other two programs? Sorry for the rambling question, but any guidance would be appreciated.

I use Reason and Recycle is I think essential because its the only thing that can create the Rex files for use with Reason's samplers. However, I didnt pay for it :ninja: and cant imagine paying 250 dollars for it. Its really just a slicer, nothing special. Make of that what you will.

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

DumpOrCrap posted:

Ableton 7 can now do slicing similar to what you see in ReCycle. I find recycle slightly more flexible but that's mainly because i haven't worked out how to duplicate the simpler cells in the drum thing once the loop has been split (you can't just copy and paste for some reason). Also I use stylus rmx a lot which can read rx2's, and im in no rush to abandon it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOzMWGBOH4

If i were you i'd go for Ableton. You can ReWire Reason to Ableton. Once you have Ableton you can use VST's like Battery or Kontact for sampling as well, or just use the built in Ableton stuff in the vid above.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

unixbeard posted:

Ableton 7 can now do slicing similar to what you see in ReCycle.
god i need to upgrade.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I'm a Live whore, I'd take Live 7 over anything (even though I'm still using 6). I started using it at 5, loved it, and have never looked back.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Kai was taken posted:

I'm a Live whore, I'd take Live 7 over anything (even though I'm still using 6). I started using it at 5, loved it, and have never looked back.

Plus you can use it Live even as a demo right? The only thing holding you back is the lack of recording ability, so testing it out for the live performance features is pretty awesome.

DumpOrCrap
Jul 29, 2006
I'm thinking Live wins over Recycle because of all the other :awesome: you get with it, but what about Live vs. Logic? Any compelling reasons to give Logic a serious look?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

DumpOrCrap posted:

I'm thinking Live wins over Recycle because of all the other :awesome: you get with it, but what about Live vs. Logic? Any compelling reasons to give Logic a serious look?

If I wasn't using Live, I'd probably be using Logic. That being said, I still take Live over a huge margin.

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

Could someone throw me a bone on how to program those really awesome rumbling, overcompressed basses stereotypical of Electro House? Artists like D.I.M, and deadmau5 use them all the time. I really like that sound and it'd be awesome to have a decent preset to go off of when creating sounds similar to this.

They mod them in such strange ways I don't know how they do it, to get those squelched sounds out of them.

I have all the tools of Logic Pro 8 at my disposal and Rob Papens Predator.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

First Time Caller posted:

Could someone throw me a bone on how to program those really awesome rumbling, overcompressed basses stereotypical of Electro House? Artists like D.I.M, and deadmau5 use them all the time. I really like that sound and it'd be awesome to have a decent preset to go off of when creating sounds similar to this.

They mod them in such strange ways I don't know how they do it, to get those squelched sounds out of them.

I have all the tools of Logic Pro 8 at my disposal and Rob Papens Predator.

Just going by what I can hear in deadmau5's myspace, I would say try a square wave fed into a really good 24 db LPF with the cutoff set low, and the resonance cranked way way up high (but don't let it self-oscillate!). Play around with different filters: different designs of the same basic idea (24db low pass) can give radically differing results. That bubbling growl that you're hearing is the resonance peaks at different frequencies as he's slowly moving the cutoff knob up and down. You'll also need lots and lots of compression from what I hear, that will also make up somewhat for losses in amplitude in the lower frequencies at higher resonance.

RedNeptune
Jun 21, 2006

Gear question here! I just came into some money, so I'm pretty much ready to spend it on completing my setup here. :) I hope this is the right place for these questions and if not just let me know - I just didn't want to start another thread just for this poo poo. Anywho!

To get this out of the way, as far as the "what kind of music are you trying to play?" question goes, I'm not really sure. I do all kinds of poo poo from ambient to new wavy poo poo to gothic to industrial to trance to straight funk so I'm really looking for something to keep my options open as to what I'm in the mood to play.

I've got a Korg R3, Kaoss Pad KP3, (and I love them both) and a mixer that is just not working for me. What I need at this point is something to make beats with, a reliable and practical mixer, and some equipment for actually recording this poo poo on to my computer. Ultimately, I'm looking to be able to use this poo poo for live performance hence my decision to go with gear instead of just doing stuff on the computer. I like the actual "playing" part too, but I digress.

I have been looking into an Electribe for the beats, but is there anything along the lines of the Electribe that is maybe a bit less spendy but can basically do the same thing? Price isn't too concerning, but I'm certainly not looking to waste my money when I could otherwise be spending it better. Any models in particular?

I'm also looking for a good setup for recording into my computer, so as far as sound cards go any suggestions there? My desktop is about 6 years old now but still runs pretty well. Just set up dual monitors though which should be helpful.

edit: Oh, I'm also looking for a new mixer, one that specifically has effects in and out because mine does not and it blows for getting the right sounds out of the kaoss pad.Like I said I got money to spend, just don't want to be blowing it all unnecessarly.

Thanks much in advance. :)

RedNeptune fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 5, 2008

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

RedNeptune posted:

I just came into some money
[...]
anything along the lines of the Electribe that is maybe a bit less spendy

What'd you splooge on, 100 bucks?

:rimshot:

quote:

Any models in particular?
Electribes with sampling:

Electribe S, mk 1
Electribe S, mk 2 (shinier)
Electribe ESX

These all use the 16-step method for sequencing. Now, if it's about techno, that's fine and dandy because it works awfully well for that kind of stuff. If it's for hiphop, not so much.

The Roland SP-series is cheaper, you could try and check those out too.

Even cheaper than that is buying a pad-based controller and an older sampler. Yes, it sucks to transfer samples in there. It also sucks that you have to do all this weird crap with SCSI. Guess why the previous owner wanted to get rid of it. However, you load up your things, leave it switched on for the rest of the evening, and it'll do the work. You could also combine this with a cheap groovebox (MC-307 or RM1x) and presto, more room for samples than an Electribe, more channels, and more fun (but less realtime weird-out effects).

quote:

I'm also looking for a good setup for recording into my computer, so as far as sound cards go any suggestions there?

How many inputs do you need?

quote:

edit: Oh, I'm also looking for a new mixer, one that specifically has effects in and out because mine does not and it blows for getting the right sounds out of the kaoss pad.
Mixers with effects either have effects that suck or are expensive digital machines with Lexicon or Yamaha expansion cards or something. Also, those effects are on the master which means that you can only adjust the wet/dry per channel. Also, there are no effects boxes that do lots of effects in parallel (unless you get something like a Kurzweil KSP which is horribly expensive).

quote:

Like I said I got money to spend, just don't want to be blowing it all unnecessarly.

SPECIFY THE AMOUNT. If you just got $800, great. If you just got $800 and you only want to blow $500, tell us you have $500. Without an amount we can't do much.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
I've been wondering the same thing, how much would a poo poo DJ set that I can use with a computer cost? Is there any point to having one asides from not looking like a horrendous nerd at a show? Is it a good investment if you only plan to be using non-vinyl? The only downside I see at the moment would be the lack of an extra sound card on my computer to listen to the mic.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

IanTheM posted:

I've been wondering the same thing, how much would a poo poo DJ set that I can use with a computer cost? Is there any point to having one asides from not looking like a horrendous nerd at a show? Is it a good investment if you only plan to be using non-vinyl? The only downside I see at the moment would be the lack of an extra sound card on my computer to listen to the mic.

You can DJ with pretty much any laptop and Live, and a soundcard that has at least 2 I/O's.

If you want controllers, there's all sorts of MIDI gear, depending on what you're looking for. Sasha has a custom-made surface he uses for his gigs.

If you want something non-contained, you can get some CD decks for like $400, get a soundcard with at least four stereo I/O's, and hook those to it instead.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I've read 615.4 articles or posts concerning the introduction to digital audio production and this is by far the best read I've ever seen. You shame even Computer Music or even Sound on Sound with this poo poo brosef.

Great job.

PS: Its probably mentioned but you forgot RTAS plugins.

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong
Ok, I've been tooling around in reason a bit more and I've got a few more songs along the way.

Anyway, my new noobie question is: What electronic music magazines do you guys read? I picked up a bunch of them the other day (Remix, Computer Music, and one more whos name escapes me) and I understand about... 50% of it. I'm working on it. I want to know if there's some more literature that I should pick up.

And second, along with Computer Music came a CD with a metric fuckton of samples. How would I go about putting them into Reason? As far as I know I can't plug anything into it.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Altoidss posted:

Ok, I've been tooling around in reason a bit more and I've got a few more songs along the way.

Anyway, my new noobie question is: What electronic music magazines do you guys read? I picked up a bunch of them the other day (Remix, Computer Music, and one more whos name escapes me) and I understand about... 50% of it. I'm working on it. I want to know if there's some more literature that I should pick up.

And second, along with Computer Music came a CD with a metric fuckton of samples. How would I go about putting them into Reason? As far as I know I can't plug anything into it.

I subscribe to Sound on Sound and don't really read any of the others at all. Sometimes Ill pick one up and flip through it while having a coffee at a bookstore but thats about it. Even Sound on Sound though, suffers from good reviewitis. I have never seen a negative review of any product in any of these magazines. Not a single one. The worst they will go is "Natural Audio's FART EXTRAKTOR isn't for everyone, BUT, if you like something that sounds like farts extracted from your best mate with a sledgehammer, this is the plugin for YOU!". Sound on Sound won me over with "Synth Secrets" but they don't even do that anymore so I kind of subscribe out of habit. Still I find it by far the best read of the bunch.

As far as getting the samples in, are they on the CD in WAV format? Just copy them to your hard drive and load up the sampler module in Reason (is it Dr Rex? I haven't even looked at Reason since 1.x), then load the wav file of the sample you want into the sampler. You can map different samples to different keys as well, but someone else here with more knowledge of it can give you a more in depth tutorial on that bit.

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong

toadee posted:

Sound on Sound won me over with "Synth Secrets" but they don't even do that anymore so I kind of subscribe out of habit. Still I find it by far the best read of the bunch.

Oh, I was trying my way through that column on the Internet and while I do have a better grasp of how a synth works, I couldn't really apply any of it to Reason. I gave up after a little. Guess I need a hardware synth or something. I'll give it another shot though.

That does remind me, though. Is there any way to track the resonance of a filter to the oscillator pitch in Thor? In Synth Secrets he was describing the kind of feedbacky effect that gets, and I want to try it out. I couldn't figure out how to map it.

AAAND, last on the hit parade, I've fallen in love with Basement Jaxx recently. Red Alert is my new favorite song. Do you guys have any tips on making deeply layered, funky house like that? There is just SO MUCH going on in the song I can't really figure out anything. Any suggestions to groups like them too?

EDIT: Grr, one more thing I forgot. There's this effect in a ton of songs that kind of sounds like an engine speeding up. A good example is Pendulum's Granite, right before the first chorus starts (0:35-0:45). How do I make that sound?

Altoidss fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 6, 2008

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Well what exactly are you trying to do? A filter will turn into an oscillator if the Q (resonance) is high enough.

Do you mean the feedback trick when you wire the main outputs of the synth back into the filter input? Thats fairly simple if the synth allows it (any modular synth should be able to do this). Overloading the input of a filter (either with sheer gain or by feeding back the signal to the filter input) will cause filter saturation. For lack of a better description this is a sort of distorted effect that tracks with the filter cutoff.

I need a sound sample for the other stuff.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

PS: Its probably mentioned but you forgot RTAS plugins.

Yeah, but amount of people using Pro Tools for electronic is getting pretty slim as it is, and I don't want to get into proprietary software protocols because it usually just confuses people.

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong

WanderingKid posted:

Well what exactly are you trying to do? A filter will turn into an oscillator if the Q (resonance) is high enough.

Do you mean the feedback trick when you wire the main outputs of the synth back into the filter input? Thats fairly simple if the synth allows it (any modular synth should be able to do this). Overloading the input of a filter (either with sheer gain or by feeding back the signal to the filter input) will cause filter saturation. For lack of a better description this is a sort of distorted effect that tracks with the filter cutoff.

I need a sound sample for the other stuff.

Oh, you know what, nevermind. I had misread what he was saying in the column.

Here's a sound sample for the other stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQA1d0QQvf8 The effect is from 0:20 to 0:25, but it's not as pronounced as in the album version of the song.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Just in case, you want to use keytracking to modulate a parameter based on the pitch (played rather than of the oscillator per se). Voice Key -> Note in Thor.

The effect you cite in the Pendulum tune sounds like white noise through a bandpass filter with some resonance on it, max out envelope->filter cutoff, long amp/filter envelope attack times, then through a phaser.

breaks fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 6, 2008

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
Well, I'm gonna go out and look at DJ sets and stuff on the weekend, I have between 260-300 (canadian) to blow at the moment. Any recommendations, or things to avoid in my price range? Plus I'd be fine with something to just use in conjunction with a computer.

First Time Caller
Nov 1, 2004

IanTheM posted:

Well, I'm gonna go out and look at DJ sets and stuff on the weekend, I have between 260-300 (canadian) to blow at the moment. Any recommendations, or things to avoid in my price range? Plus I'd be fine with something to just use in conjunction with a computer.

Avoid pretty much everything if you're going the hardware route. Thats just not enough money for quality stuff. The poster below mentions th x session pro and thats probably the only thing you could get that would be decent, but keep in mind its just a midi controller so its capabilities are going to be limited by what software you have.

If you want to go completely digital and just use your laptop, virtual dj is the answer. Or ableton. Although the former is cheaper (and shittier)

First Time Caller fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 9, 2008

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

First Time Caller posted:

Avoid pretty much everything.

If you want to go completely digital and just use your laptop, virtual dj is the answer. Or ableton. Although the former is cheaper (and shittier)

Yeah. If you buy a dirt-cheap but quite usable M-Audio X-Session Pro, you get Ableton 6 LE to play around with. With a student discount and USD 239 more you upgrade to Live 7 Full.

Just did it this week, faxed them my details and the serial number was in my inbox the following morning.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
You really don't need the full version of Live for DJing, unless you also plan on making music with it. The LE version would work fine.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Kai was taken posted:

You really don't need the full version of Live for DJing, unless you also plan on making music with it. The LE version would work fine.

Limits in scene numbers made us buy it, I don't remember the details, but I think it was something ridiculous like 4 or 6.

Sevyplates
Jan 7, 2006

CodeMaster posted:

Limits in scene numbers made us buy it, I don't remember the details, but I think it was something ridiculous like 4 or 6.

Yeah it's 8. I'm in the process of getting Ableton 7 through the student discount, and I'm so excited I can't poo poo straight. I've been looking forward to this forever and i'm sick of the Live lite version. 4 audio and midi track maximum? jesus christ...

Peacebone
Sep 6, 2007
First of all I want to point out that this thread has been very helpful for getting into making electronic music.

I'm slowly getting use to Ableton Live 7 (I own Suite) and working with it. I made this the other day:
and I'm wondering how I could improve on it. I'm talking sound wise such as drums and such. I know you can only do so much with preset settings of instruments and such so I'm wondering what techniques people use to get their stuff sounding a lot more professional. Drums in particular are a big thing that I'm trying to learn how to get good sounds out of. The drums I use was the preset 606 drum machine that Ableton came with.

I guess I like the sound of the French house scene (Ed Banger Records, Daft Punk, etc.) and want to make stuff like that.

One more thing is transitions. Whenever I'm making electronic stuff it just seems like I keep building on a part and then I get to a point where it just as a song doesn't really feel that strong. Anyone got any pointers on that?

IanTheM
May 22, 2007

Peacebone posted:

One more thing is transitions. Whenever I'm making electronic stuff it just seems like I keep building on a part and then I get to a point where it just as a song doesn't really feel that strong. Anyone got any pointers on that?

It's decent, but it seems a but more like it'd make good backing music. Also, try to give a heavier kick drum. The second part is actually good too, though the last break down kind of kills it. One thing I've noticed is: try not to over-do the drums, busy drums can be extremely distracting if they're not meant to be. Keep going though, tonnes of potential.

EDIT: Here's what I've been coming up with lately:

IanTheM fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 10, 2008

I Dig Gardening
Jan 13, 2004

I cant tonight, babe. Im going online.

Peacebone posted:

First of all I want to point out that this thread has been very helpful for getting into making electronic music.

I'm slowly getting use to Ableton Live 7 (I own Suite) and working with it. I made this the other day:
and I'm wondering how I could improve on it. I'm talking sound wise such as drums and such. I know you can only do so much with preset settings of instruments and such so I'm wondering what techniques people use to get their stuff sounding a lot more professional. Drums in particular are a big thing that I'm trying to learn how to get good sounds out of. The drums I use was the preset 606 drum machine that Ableton came with.

I guess I like the sound of the French house scene (Ed Banger Records, Daft Punk, etc.) and want to make stuff like that.

The above poster mentions using a heavier kick but that's not the problem at all. The problem is that bass you're using is loving MASSIVE and it's killing your kick. There's only so many frequencies down there. To fix this? There are a thousand ways to do it. There are maybe six hundred tricks to using ableton efficiently and all of them come mostly with experience. It's a very good song for just starting out. Just read a ton of forums (other than ML!) and pick up tricks as you go.

Sidechain compression would definitely be the first thing you should learn, and it comes built right into Live 7! I'll explain it if you don't know how to use it, if not, start foolin' around and see what does what. The best way to learn is hands on, no question!

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong
I need help on another patch! Sorry for the deluge of requests but synthesis is my major weakpoint.

Anyway, how do I program the sound in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crnP5Euon7g?

It's the first one that comes up, like 2 seconds into the song. I hear a ton of reverb on it but I can't guess the other elements of the sound. How would I get a sound like this? Seems almost needed for trance.

Another few things: How would I generate white noise in Reason, and is there anyway to sequence a fall? I haven't figured out a way to do it.

Altoidss fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 11, 2008

Cyne
May 30, 2007
Beauty is a rare thing.

Altoidss posted:

I need help on another patch! Sorry for the deluge of requests but synthesis is my major weakpoint.

Anyway, how do I program the sound in this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crnP5Euon7g?

It's the first one that comes up, like 2 seconds into the song. I hear a ton of reverb on it but I can't guess the other elements of the sound. How would I get a sound like this? Seems almost needed for trance.

Sounds like that's all 303 for the first minute or so. If you don't already have Rebirth (808, 909 and 303 emulation by the developers of Reason) you can get it here:

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Indeed that does sound like a 303.

I would try taking a synth with a sawtooth wave output, run it into a resonant lowpass filter. If you have an 18db one (like in Thor in Reason) then great, as that's what the 303 has (although try as you might you'll never sound exactly like it's 18db filter...), but if not a 24db one should work ok. You will need two envelopes, one controlling loudness and the other one controlling filter cutoff (very slightly in this example). Set the loudness envelope to a very short attack time and a medium decay (about 2 seconds). With the filter envelope, do the same attack but with a much shorter decay time. No sustain or release on either. Set the filter cutoff at about 30% or so, and the resonance fairly high (70% or so). Be careful not to let the filter self-oscillate (turning the resonance up until it sounds all squealy), the 303 does not self-oscillate. Squelch is good, squeal is bad. The 303 also offered a square waveform, but that's not what was used in the video.

That's basically it. The example in the video was run through some distortion as well, you'll want to do that if you're trying to recreate that sound exactly.

EDIT: Also, a much easier (and actually better sounding) place to get emulated 303 sounds for free is at this site: http://www.hobnox.com/noxtools.1046.html -- it's a flash app but you can just record off of your soundcard's output.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Altoidss posted:

Another few things: How would I generate white noise in Reason, and is there anyway to sequence a fall? I haven't figured out a way to do it.

I havent used Reason in like 6 years or so, but iirc the subtractor synth has its own Noise section. Turn of OSC 1 and 2, and turn up the noise would be my best bet.

A fall? Do you mean a sound that decreases pitch frequency over time? If so i think you can either use the Mod envelope on the OSC's, and program a fall using the ADSR levers on the mod envelope. Failing that, you could also try setting a large range on the pitch bend, with those knobs beside the pitch bend, and use the pitch bend to get a "fall". This method gives you more control over your sound, but it may not give you the range you are after.

Hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
If you're talking about a noise sweep, it's a really narrow BP filter with moving frequency.

• Locked thread