Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DumpOrCrap
Jul 29, 2006
First off, this is a great thread. It's really motivated me to get going making music.

Here's my question though:

I bought Reason 4 and an M-Audio Axiom 25 keyboard. I've been working through all the modules in Reason, and really like the flexibility it gives you with all the synths and effects. However, I want to start incorporating samples into what I'm doing. It seems like ReCycle is a good tool to start building your own samples, but before I run out and spend another $250 I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

Would it make more sense to spend the money on Live or Logic rather than ReCycle? To the extent I wanted to continue to use Reason synths, I could ReWire them into either.

I've played around a fair bit with Live alot and have mixed feelings about it. I really like the Session view, but find the sequencer and sampler interfaces to be somewhat infuriating. I don't really have much experience with Logic. I know this question has as many answers as people answering, but does anyone have any guidance on pros / cons of each? Are there any really powerful features of ReCycle that I'm missing that would make it more attractive than the sampling features of the other two programs? Sorry for the rambling question, but any guidance would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumpOrCrap
Jul 29, 2006
I'm thinking Live wins over Recycle because of all the other :awesome: you get with it, but what about Live vs. Logic? Any compelling reasons to give Logic a serious look?

• Locked thread