Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vilenarios
Oct 21, 2006
observe the space
I've certainly learned a lot through this thread. Been using Ableton w/ Ezdrummer (and Impulse for the more electronic drums) and Amplitube for my drums/guitar/bass and then misc instruments for all my effects and what not. I'll probably get a small midi controller sooner or later.

My question is - could anyone recommend a good sound card that could handle a midi-controller and a line-in for my guitar? Or is this a bad idea to use a sound card for this job, and go with an M-Audio interface or something. Right now, I'm just plugging my guitar into the line-in on the motherboard's sound interface, and when I'm in Ableton, there is about a second of latency. Could this be due to the fact that I don't actually have a soundcard to process whatever, or some latency settings within Ableton? I was thinking of just getting a Soundblaster X-Fi or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread