Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

A small issue with Reason: I'm trying to get all my USB MIDI stuff working right, and I have an Axiom with those little pad deals, I want to somehow use them to change which pattern is selected in Redrum. Like if I hit the first pad, it starts up pattern 1.

First I tried using the remote override function, but the pads just send notes to the buttons, so every time I hit 'D2' on my keyboard it will activate pattern 1, even though the keys and the pads are on different channels. I found some deal in the MIDI chart that says CC3 controls pattern select, but I can't figure out how to get that working either. I don't know if it's supposed to toggle between all the patterns or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

What do people usually do about stuff sounding different between different types of sound systems? I was working on a song and I am setting all the volume levels for the different tracks with a nice set of headphones, but then when I listen to it on my $30 computer speakers the bass isn't as loud and the high pitched string sounds are kind of grating because they are too loud.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

This is a kind of weird question, but as someone who still has loads of trouble writing songs, a lot of times I start something and it sounds OK but it's not really going in the direction I want. Is it better practice to just try and finish those songs anyway or drop them and try to start something that I like better?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I'm having an issue with Reason rewiring into Ableton. I decided to get all fancy for this song I came up with and I programmed 2 different drum patterns into Redrum. Is there some way to make Ableton switch between patterns 1 and 2 at certain times in my song or what is the best way to sequence both my Redrum loops into my Ableton? Should I just give up and record the actual sound output from Reason?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HNaAhJ1Zl4

not sure where I should go with this if anywhere. Frequency modulation is loving sweet.

• Locked thread