Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Osh
Jan 5, 2007
Say, Halo my Quake 3 in Bungie for Half-Life 2!
Hello! I've been recently working on a music project called Telecharger, which I'm aiming to be electro-house club music with some French electro and blog house influences. Here's a promotional picture to grab your attention:

Anyway, I wanted to get some producers' opinions on a couple of songs. I was planning on sending them out as demos to some blogs and record labels, unless there are any big, glaring problems with them. Any criticism on not-so-big things are more than welcome, too. So what do you think; are these songs club-worthy?

Also, maybe it should be noted that I shaved off about a minute or so of the intro/outro of each song so you don't have to trudge through the parts that the DJ should be mixing over anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osh
Jan 5, 2007
Thank you all so much for your support and critique! I really appreciate your opinions, and I'll try to incorporate them into my new productions, if not go back and apply them to these ones. Again, I really value this coming from other producers and DJ's.

Xeno posted:

Mind if I ask what synth you're using?
If you're talking about the bass synth, I'm using a simple oscillator (3xOsc in FL Studio) with butt-load of effects applied onto it like distortion, lo-fi filters, maximizers, bass boosts, equalizers, etc. that I tweak until I'm happy with them.

But if you're talking about the keys, they're mostly SimSynth.

Yoozer posted:

On my headphones the synth parts are pretty drat loud though, what are you using to monitor?
I'm pretty cheap in the way of monitors; I just use these simple $40 studio headphones from Radio Shack or something. I did play these tracks on my friend's big, high-quality speakers before I finalized the tracks, but I couldn't tell you what kind they were. I guess it's time to invest in a quality sound system, though, if I do want to play this stuff at clubs, or at least a good pair of headphones.

Osh
Jan 5, 2007
Hello again. I posted a couple of songs on the last page and got some constructive feedback, and now I'm trying to incorporate it into an entry for a remix contest:

I've decided to ask for some criticism before I finish the track this time. Again, I'm going for a professional-grade electro house feel, but this time I'm really trying to focus on it being mixable with other current electro songs.

So what do you think?

Osh
Jan 5, 2007

E1M5 posted:

I'm having a hell of a time mastering my tracks. When it comes to obtaining that commercial loudness, I'm sort of lost. Where should I even start? I'm using FL Studio 9.7 beta, and everybody swears that Maximus is amazing, yet I don't see much in it besides a really great compressor.

I'm going to jump on the Maximus bandwagon and say that it's amazing. For every track I make now, one of the first things I do is put a Maximus on the master mixer insert and select the "Clear master RMS" preset. I don't quite understand it yet, so I'm not sure how to sell you on it, but it works like a charm for me. I feel like I'm cheating when I use it.

Osh
Jan 5, 2007
It's interesting that you guys have been talking about using YouTube samples, because I've been using a sample (well, more like the entire song) straight from YouTube in a song I've been working on. Here's the state it's in right now, and maybe it'll shed some insight on the subject:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osh
Jan 5, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Here's a new one from me, something nice that you can powder your nose to while you're putting on your aviators in your Las Vegas penthouse hotel room while your bitches are ringing your cellphone constantly but gently caress them because tonight I'm getting some new pussy, does my hair look alright? gently caress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuN_94GJVxw

This is beyond dope. I just downloaded your EP, which should be great if this track is any indication.

dookie posted:

Just did a remix of The Weeknd - The Morning.

http://soundcloud.com/giraffage/the-weeknd-the-morning

I like it. I couldn't quite dig the beat until the hihat came in, though, as much as I admire the experimental-sounding rhythm.

Edit: Here's an electro house track I've been working on. I think it's just about done (until I make a club version or something), but I would appreciate some feedback before I'm completely finished with it: http://soundcloud.com/diskonnect/hatercreator/s-34WIK

Osh fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 24, 2011

• Locked thread