Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I don’t have any experience with Behringer interfaces but it is hard to argue with that price. The only thing I noticed though is that it looks like you can only connect the interface to your monitors via RCA, but honestly I don’t know if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

actionjackson posted:

Yeah, so would I need a separate cable? Right now I have the cord that attaches to the monitors (one is red, other is grey) and then there's a plug for my headphone jack on my computer on the other side.

Yah you would just need a standard stereo RCA cable, instead of one that goes to a 3.5mm headphone jack.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Okay thanks. Looking at the Focusrite solo (the smallest one), it looks like that also requires RCA to connect the speaker to the interface.

Looks like it. The 2i2 I started with had 1/4” monitor outs instead of RCA.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Has anyone used the Native Instruments Komplete 6 audio interface? There's a guy selling one on craiglist for 150, which is the same price as a new focusrite 2i2.

I don’t have personal experience but my buddy used one for a while and liked it quite a bit. I remember it having a lot of I/O for the price. I’m not sure if this applies, but I would make sure that it is the latest version of the interface (if there are multiple versions). I know I have seen a lot of Focusrite stuff on Craigslist but it was always the older generation.

Also, I’m not sure if it matters if the seller is also transferring his hardware license. That’s one thing I’m never really sure about if it is needed, or if you can get the necessary drivers without registering it.

• Locked thread