Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobless Drunk
Aug 6, 2004

One summer evening drunk to hell I sat there nearly lifeless

WanderingKid posted:

There are still people around that mix in mono?!

Last I heard, Lemon D does everything in mono.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobless Drunk
Aug 6, 2004

One summer evening drunk to hell I sat there nearly lifeless

The Fog posted:

Is there a reason behind this? I can see why he would mix down the reece in mono, but I don't see a reason to do the rest in mono as well.

In an issue of Knowledge mag, he basically said that he mixed in mono because the mixes translated more universally. I recall he was also mixing on a single car stereo speaker. I think the idea was that the sound systems his tunes get played on vary in size and quality, so he mixed for the lowest common denominator. This was a couple years ago, so his approach may have changed since then.

• Locked thread